Dry February Challenge

Options
Ok I am putting my hand up. Yes I have a problem with drinking, it ruins all my hard work. I am a weekend binge drinker and with drinking leads to bad food choices. So for the month of February I am going cold turkey, not even a glass of wine.

Who wants to join me?

Replies

• rbhoffman
    Options
    As difficult as this will be, I am in!
  • sherifalk3
    Options
    That is harder than actually working out on a regular basis.....
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I"m in!!
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    bump!! I'll get back to ya in a few weeks and let you know what I have decided!! haha

HI, my name is Erin and I'm a weekend binger too!!
  • Calorie_Killa
    Options
    That's tough considering the SuperBowl's in February. :o(
  • ChefCupcake
    Options
    That's awesome! I wish my parents would do that! They cook extremely unhealthy foods, binge drink, and smoke a ton of cigarettes. I don't know what I can do to help...
  • mwilson57
    mwilson57 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Well since February is the shortest month, I can probably handle that, although it will be tough!! Count me in! Do you want to start a group or just keep this thread going?
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I have Australia Day long weekend coming up so this will be my last drinking session
  • chatnel
    Options
    I will start a group
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    bump

I should try this.......ummmmmm can I???????? thinking out loud.....so no drinking for 28 oh leap 29 days.....hmmmm - this begins when?
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I have Australia Day long weekend coming up so this will be my last drinking session

You guys can do it!!!!

Ive been dry since 1 January. Not something I had a problem with - but wanted to have a huge month. So far so good, and have dropped 10lbs (but yes, have been sticking to my calorie goals and exercising every day so it wasnt just the beer and wine lol).

I am allowing myself 2 light beers (or glasses of wine) on Australia Day though - it would be UnAustralian not too!!! But thats it, then I am back on dry until 3 February (then I have my little sisters wedding in Tasmania, and family = drinking to get through it!!)....

Go guys :)
  • mwilson57
    mwilson57 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ack! The Super Bowl! I forgot about that! But I guess someone has to be the DD, right? Yeah I think I'll still do this challenge!
  • catundra75
    Options
    Oh boy, that is a tough one! Lol. What the hay, I'll join and give it a go.
  • rbhoffman
    Options
    This will be especially hard for me for Super Bowl weekend, because it is in Indy this year (about 10 minutes from my house)!
  • chatnel
    Options
    I once went to a big sporting event sober and it was alot easier than I thought, you get caught up in the excitment of the crowd.
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    bump!! I'll get back to ya in a few weeks and let you know what I have decided!! haha

HI, my name is Erin and I'm a weekend binger too!!

Ok, I'm in for sure!!
  • chatnel
    Options
    Great. I am starting on 30th (cause it's a monday). Looking forward to seeing if I can do it
  • chatnel
    Options
    day 1 - wish me luck
  • upwiththesun
    Options
    day 1 - wish me luck

Good luck, :))) count me in. My drinking sabotages my hard running workouts and my healthy eating. It is self destructive.