Eating after XX:XX pm?

Options
Is there a certain time frame that you won't eat or snack after?

I had told myself that I could have a little bit of a treat (skinny cow ice cream sandwich) if I got certain things done (taking puppy for a walk and then bathing him) but now it's just after 9 already. Is it too late and should I just save it for another treat another day or can I still go for it?

Do you have certain times where you won't eat after? Should that be something I should be incorporating in my daily plans???

Replies

• toddf67
    toddf67 Posts: 22
    Options
    I know I am might be setting a bad example. But since I've been on this diet, I usually eat a fudge bar an hour before bed time, probably four or five times a week. (I am usually in bed by 11pm). I choose this over a small bowl of ice creme, due to calorie differences. My fudge bar only has 110 calories vs a small bowl of ice creme which has more. Of course I have the calories to spend. I love all kinds of ice creme so this is a compromise for me.

116133.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • Mbergeron
    Mbergeron Posts: 10
    Options
    I always try to keep myself from eating after 7.

The reason why I do that is because it's after dinner and the reason I'd be snacking after dinner isn't because I'm hungry- it's mainly because of boredrom, television, etc. And when I'm snacking, I tend to go overboard and snack a little too much. I've just realized that about myself based on observation of my eating habits.
  • abgirl
    abgirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I never say never... as long as you have the calories.... do a few push ups before bed :):smooched:
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies...especially for the positive ones in favor of!

...probably because I ate it already. *LOL*

To ease the little bit of guilt I did have for eating it...I did have the calories banked that made it "okay" for me to have it....I just wasn't strong enough...that Skinny Cow wore me down. She kept staring at me, inviting me into the box with her bovine eyes!
  • MFR1974
    MFR1974 Posts: 92
    Options
    You are too funny! My laughing cow cheese is smiling...waiting for me in my lunch bag tomorrow! :P
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I look at what time I go to bed. If it's going to be a late night, I'll eat.
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Personally, if I am truly hungry and have the calories I will eat at ANY time.

If it's a treat, I have the calories and I haven't had one for awhile, I don't care what time it is.

If it's a treat and I'm bored and I've been having one every single night for the past few nights, I probably need to re-evaluate what I'm spending my calories on.

Sometimes I have a bowl of cereal or fruit instead if I'm craving sweets. If i still really want ice cream, I have to make a tough decision to go over on my calories or just go to bed. I usually go night-night!

All in all, I think you have to do what works for you! :tongue:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Personally, if I am truly hungry and have the calories I will eat at ANY time.

Sometimes I have a bowl of cereal
    Ditto these.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    My fudge bar only has 110 calories vs a small bowl of ice creme which has more. Of course I have the calories to spend. I love all kinds of ice creme so this is a compromise for me.

Have you ever tried Edy's slow churned, no sugar added ice-cream?
    I'm a real ice-cream fanatic, and have discovered that it tastes just as good as the real thing! :love:
    My favorites are the cookie dough and the fudge tracks. YUM! :love:
    I pretty much save enough numbers to have a double helping (a cup) almost every night for a snack. Imagine, eating ice-cream almost daily, and STILL losing weight! :noway:
    Who'd have thought! :happy: :love:
  • alisoncarl
    alisoncarl Posts: 89
    Options
    i personally dont eat or drink after 7pm
  • amdavies
    amdavies Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat carbs after 6, and snack on protein or low carb snacks / fruit.

This is because you are unlikely (unless it is a busy eve) to burn off the energy before you go to bed, especially in front of the telly!

however, the odd naughty one sneaks through!