New baby and watching calories

Options
eliz07
eliz07 Posts: 9 Member
Looking around for other mothers, who are balancing breast feeding with calorie counting and exercise.

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • alaskancoppertop
    Options
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure you check with your doctor before you start CUTTING your calories!! If you cut your calories too much too soon or too fast, you can make yourself seriously sick, and possibly your baby, too!! I have seen people in the Army get really sick because they were BFing and trying to get themselves back up to full duty status (to include weight and physical fitness, after not being able to exercise AT ALL for nine months), and then not being able to BF their babies because they had gotten so sick they couldn't produce enough milk.

Once you get all that done, this site will be an amazing tool for you to use to help you lose that baby fat!! I wish I had found it after I had my two!! Good luck!!
  • Xersis
    Xersis Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm at the end of that right now. I lost all of the baby weight plus a little just by breastfeeding. Now that I'm down to only once a day, the weight is coming back on so I'm finally ready to step up the exercise and cut down on the eating. My baby is almost 15 months so it was a gradual process and now that I've had my last child and am almost done nursing, I can concentrate on losing the weight.

Remember you have to eat 500 calories more a day to get enough for the baby. Keep up that protein and calcium - the little one will suck it out of you! Literally :smile:

Good luck!