Fooducate!

Any iPhone owners out there? I have an app for you to download! It's called Fooducate. Basically, it's an app to help you find healthy choices and alternatives to food you eat. It's so easy to use. You can search for a product by typing it in or else you can "scan" the barcode. It uses the camera on your phone to "scan" the product's barcode and it gives you a grade, from A+ all the way down to F based on its nutritional value. It will tell you why the product you scanned got the grade it did, whether it contains high fructose corn syrup, has artificial sweeteners, is a good source of Vitamin C, etc, etc. If you don't like the grade something you scanned got, you can look at better alternatives. They also just integrated a shopping list feature. Type out your weekly grocery list on there or If you find an alternative you like, you can add it right to your list. You can even add non-food products to your list. I just love this app, and I think anyone who is trying to eat better (and has an iPhone) needs this app. Oh and best of all it's FREE!! Who doesn't love free? :)

I don't work for Fooducate or anything, so I'm not telling you about this just to get more people to download it, lol. I just really like this app, and I think it will be very helpful for anyone trying to find healthier choices. And I'm not sure if this app is for Droid.

Replies

• loe that app! Because of it i switched to oatbran instead of oatmeal. It also helps me choose less proccessed food!
  • It is on the Droid Market as well and I can't wait to try it out. ;) thanks for the info
  • flamegirl72
    flamegirl72 Posts: 143 Member
    Just searched app store and no matches....maybe it's not available in Canada yet :(

Too bad....it sounded great!
  • misslilylou
    misslilylou Posts: 71 Member
    Just searched app store and no matches....maybe it's not available in Canada yet :(

Too bad....it sounded great!

That's a bummer! It really is a cool app, and I hope you can download it some day!