Anxiety and fear ruined me

Options
Hey :)
Anxiety and fear made me paralyzed and basically took over my life. I did really well on a practice LSAT and freaked out and stopped studying completely, among other things. I'm trying to get healthy and going to my first doctor appointment this Thursday to see about this anxiety thing. I have a lot of weight to lose. I am 5'2 and 158 pounds and my goal is below 130. I am 22. I'm looking for down to earth friends?

Let's do this!

Replies

• Moma_Do
    Moma_Do Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The Dr. will probably put you on meds. Have you tried natural remedies like herbs or soul searching to figure out why? I would give that a try first its best to stay natural. Just my thoughts. Good luck and just know that everything is OK, you are enough, and you deserve whatever it is that you want. =)
  • skinnysmartbitch
    skinnysmartbitch Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well those are good questions and thats why Im going to talk to a doctor! Thanks :)
  • gunmetalsunrise
    Options
    It's really good, and brave, that you're going to go to a doctor. I know a couple of people who are on meds for anxiety, and it's improved their lives a lot (although there can be issues when skipping pills or weaning off. But that's something to discuss with your doctor). You've taken the first step to taking control of yourself. :) Congrats!

Good luck on your weight loss. :) You won't regret trying to make your life for the better, no matter the number on the scale.
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Just want to wish you luck and let you know that I think you're uber brave for being so honest :)
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Hello! (:
    Good luck doll, I know how anxiety can be first hand. I know for me nothing natural has helped. I'm going to see a therapist & psychiatrist soon. I really have no other options at this point. I'm proud of you for getting help & taking action!
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your suffering but I'm glad to hear you that you are getting help that you need. I hope the doc doesn't simply give you meds but supplements it with guidance, therapy or support. Best of luck to you! Feel free to add me as I think we have similar weight loss goals:)
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hey - I'm 5"3 - 177 pounds - 25 years old and have sufferred from anxiety and depression for many years - I'm happy to chat to you about it all, and answer any questions!

Feel free to add me :-)
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome! Feel free to add me and we can support each other :)

This road to weight loss will not be a fast an easy one, so we all need supporters to cheer us along the way :flowerforyou:
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hey - I'm 5"3 - 177 pounds - 25 years old and have sufferred from anxiety and depression for many years - I'm happy to chat to you about it all, and answer any questions!

Feel free to add me :-)

And I'm always a lawyer - so happy to answer anything about that as well :-)