Healthy cookies

Options
I may be trying to loose lbs, but I still like my deserts! Here's a cookie recipe that is healthy and only has 41.35 calories per cookie, average!

Raisin Oatmeal Cookies 1

6 eggs
2 cups white sugar
2 cups brown sugar
2 1/2 cups crunchie peanut butter (I use creamy)
1 cup butter
4 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. vanilla
8 cups 3 mins. oatmeal
1 cup raisins
1 cup nuts

Cream together eggs,sugars, peanut butter, and butter. Add baking soda, mix well. Add vanilla and mix well again. Add remaning ingredients
gradually. Batter will be very stiff. Drop by teaspoons full on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 deg for 10-12 mins.Yield: 24 doz prox. 41.35 calories per cookie.

**Calorie count is based on using creamy pb,margarine, omitting the raisins and nuts and adding a 12oz pkg of mini chocolate chips. This recipe was originally meant for monster cookies. The next time I make them I will half the recipe.

Aterations:
Omit raisins and nuts. Add 1 cup candy coated chocolate, and 1 6oz. (1cup) mini chocolate chips.

Enjoy.
Elaine

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    But I could not stop at one.
    Marie
  • sewkool39
    Options
    With 41.35 calories per cookie, would you have to stop at one?:wink:
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Bump. Sounds yummy!
  • MeTime37
    Options
    Sounds yummy. Have you thought about using egg whites or an egg sub. to cut down even more on the cals?? And applesauce instead of butter? Just sayin :flowerforyou:
  • cherylaclark
    cherylaclark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy. Have you thought about using egg whites or an egg sub. to cut down even more on the cals?? And applesauce instead of butter? Just sayin :flowerforyou:

Definitely will try this ~ I don't use oil in my baking any more and it doesn't hurt the outcome at all! I actually think the final product is moister! :smile:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Love that 0.35 calorie :laugh:
  • twocsmom
    twocsmom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    *bump :)
  • Aries03
    Aries03 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bump