Love Handles.

Options
I have been on MFP since Dec. 30th... Well that is how long I have been working through the diet and exercise. I have been taking weekly photos to compare to see how my body is changing. I have notice that already just 10 days after New Years my tummy doesn't stick out as far but Im still quite big on the sides :( I've been doing lots of cardio and work on the elliptical. Anyone have any suggestions to help with love handles... I kid you not mine are hugggeee. I have the oddest shaped midsection ever! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce, your body will lose from where it wants to. eventually you will lose fat everywhere if you lose enough of it.
  • bbhartsu315
    Options
    That's a relief... I was starting to be afraid I would thin out from front to back but not side to side lol thanks!
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Although you can't spot reduce fat, I would still recommend doing oblique crunches (along with abs and back exercises) to make sure you get the most out of your body. You'll lose the weight with the cardio but the toning exercises will give you that sexy, lean look.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Add strength training in - will benefit you greatly!

but erickirb is right - you can't spot reduce -- it will all come in time. (You're only 10 days in)
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, but doing exercises for your obliques will help tighten up a little. Try 30 Day Shred; it does a lot of core exercises.
  • txbutterfly69
    txbutterfly69 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP since Dec. 30th... Well that is how long I have been working through the diet and exercise. I have been taking weekly photos to compare to see how my body is changing. I have notice that already just 10 days after New Years my tummy doesn't stick out as far but Im still quite big on the sides :( I've been doing lots of cardio and work on the elliptical. Anyone have any suggestions to help with love handles... I kid you not mine are hugggeee. I have the oddest shaped midsection ever! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I see a big difference! Keep up the good work!!
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    I used to have big muffin top/love handles and found that 30 Day Shred really made a big difference. They're still there, but I see them smoothing out. I also noticed my back fat going away. It may have something to do with the core exercises that are incorporated in this workout, I don't really know... but I'd have to say that's where I saw my most noticeable results from 30DS.

Other than that, just keeping at the diet and exercise regularly will help in due time... there's always problem areas that seem to take FOREVER to lose.
  • rashooy
    rashooy Posts: 55
    Options
    I have the same problem too and I know how you are suffering. its like all the fat goes there lol
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce, your body will lose from where it wants to. eventually you will lose fat everywhere if you lose enough of it.
    ^^^^^^
    THIS!
    And the bad news is these rolls around our middle are always the last to go....
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    I used to have big muffin top/love handles and found that 30 Day Shred really made a big difference. They're still there, but I see them smoothing out. I also noticed my back fat going away. It may have something to do with the core exercises that are incorporated in this workout, I don't really know... but I'd have to say that's where I saw my most noticeable results from 30DS.

Other than that, just keeping at the diet and exercise regularly will help in due time... there's always problem areas that seem to take FOREVER to lose.
    great minds think alike i was just going to say this!!
  • bbhartsu315
    Options
    Thank you for the great advice and the words of encouragement!!!! I'm going to continue doing what I'm doing but I'm definately gonna try out the 30 day shred. Thank you guys so much!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Fat around the waistline, is usually the last to go. Just keep at it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Jeanine_dv
    Jeanine_dv Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Start dancing! Get some workout dance dvds! I have The *****cat Dolls Dance Workout and a Belly Dancing Workout dvd and they are both awesome! I found the belly dancing dvd to be effective because like 80% of it has to do with waist, hips, and thighs. It worked for me! good luck!