breastfeeding

Options
Is there a way to enter into my profile that I am currently breastfeeding and so my calorie needs are probably higher than if I wasnt? is there a way to set this up so that this info is taken into account when calculating how many calories I need to have per day? Thanks!

Replies

• Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Search breastfeeding in the foods area. It will add negative calories - pick the one that best fits your situation! =D You can look in my diary if you need to see what I mean - it is under drinks (lol). Try to pick one that takes away fat, carbs, calcium, etc. too so you can get a better idea of what you actually need to be getting.
  • Emina
    Emina Posts: 5
    Options
    So glad I saw this post, I stupidly been adding breastfeeding in cardio. oops :)
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    So glad I saw this post, I stupidly been adding breastfeeding in cardio. oops :)

Well, when you're nursing a toddler, it pretty much is! :laugh:
  • Emina
    Emina Posts: 5
    Options
    Yeah its not easy :) I'm just finding it hard to make sure that I get enough calories while breastfeeding and trying to lose weight, I have read that if you don't consume enough calories it can compromise your supply.
  • abarkus2011
    Options
    thank you, im going to do what you suggested!
  • jaimec25
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I was just trying to figure out how that would work.
  • ctinajoy
    ctinajoy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I add the calories to support breastfeeding into my plan by setting my activity level as "very active" even though my job makes most of my day sedentary. I like that way better than adding breastfeeding into my food log as a negative because at the end of the day I like to see (track) the overall calories I've actually eaten in the day, and then see the other column to minus those i've burned through breastfeeding and exercise). Just a personal preference, and obviously if you were already "very active" you would have to do it a diff way. Entering it in cardio section also makes sense to me, since it is calories that you burn through "activity" (rather than calories you don't eat, as it appears to be when you enter it in food section).
  • momma2jillian07
    momma2jillian07 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    OMG Thanks for posting this. I never thought to add it to foods and didn't realize it'd show up negative. I was just adding an additional 200-300 in my own head lol. This makes it SO much easier. THANKS!!!