WILL I EVER BE SKINNY?

Options
i'm stressed out =(
any tips on how to relax the negative thoughts swirling around in my head?
i'm so sick of feeling trapped in my own body.

Replies

• briocktj
    briocktj Posts: 128
    Options
    Just picture yourself at your ideal weight... I know it really energized me to read the success stories!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Having a healthy lifestyle takes some work, but lots of people have done it. I suggest you check out the success stories for inspiration. Make a commitment and stick to it. You can do it!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    i'm stressed out =(
    any tips on how to relax the negative thoughts swirling around in my head?
    i'm so sick of feeling trapped in my own body.
    Take up boxing or kickboxing. Release of stress encourages weightloss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Mkin
    Mkin Posts: 43
    Options
    Boxing is so much fun and an awesome way to build up a sweat!!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Maybe even try a lil Tae Bo!
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I prefer solo sports for stress relief. Giggidy.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Don't get me started!

IDEA Fitness member
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Yep. You will. Skinnier.... if that's what you want. If you work for it, you'll get it.

That's one of natures nice little cosmic promises. It's not like a promotion at work, or getting pregnant. There's no competition, there's no luck, or chance involved. It's just... put the work in, & it's yours. If you want it badly enough, you'll put the work in. That's it, that's all.

It's the patience part that sucks. And the temptations. Someone once said "nothing tastes as good a skinny feels"... well... I think it's more complicated than that. I think there are reasons we do what we do... we eat what we eat... we skip the gym... reasons why we became overweight. Mine was depression after my Mom died. That was my reason that I let myself go. I had to get over the emotional aspect before I could get to work on the physical part. Now... I'm 30lbs lighter, & yeah... I've been hovering for a bit. But I'd sure as hell rather be hovering at 145-150lbs than where I was.... 170-175lbs. I mean... I'm in a healthy BMI right now :happy:

It'll come. Really. Don't stress so much. One day, you'll just look in the mirror & see it. It'll happen all at once. You'll just... "SEE" skinny staring back at you.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Don't get me started!

IDEA Fitness member
    Stretch out before you do, Billy Blanks don't play! :drinker:
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    it's not a race, slow and steady, it's a lifestyle change, not an over nighter, quit comparing yourself immediately, and just try to be the best version of you.

that's the stuff that keeps me going, anyway :)
  • LolaGotThin
    LolaGotThin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have the same thoughts sometimes. A lot of times haha. But I don't stress too much about it. Stressing (I have heard) can make you hang on to fat. I have heard. I prefer to believe it and not stress. :D Every day, I try to focus on something new that I'm seeing that I like. For instance. Today, I have collar bones. A few days ago, I did not. I now have biceps that I can actually feel and see in my arms. I can dash up my stairs and not be out of breath. Things like that keep me going!
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on skinny. Some people will never be skinny. Focus on small goals. I think it's more daunting if you have a lot to lose to think of the end result. Focus 10 lbs at a time, a new clothing size at a time. I'm guilty, too. I wonder if I will get to the end but it's better to go day by day and focus on that day, and that week and relish each small milestone
  • Reesa32
    Reesa32 Posts: 35
    Options
    I agree, the success stories have been a life saver for me, When I am having a bad day, I just look at a couple of them and I am on my way to being a success story.