Coffee Creamer

Options
Does anyone know of a coffee creamer that doesn't add many calories or sugar???

Replies

• OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    Recently I have found that I really enjoy regular half and half.
    For sweet creamers, I like to get the natural ones that have very few ingredients(like Coffee-mate natural bliss). They are still added sugar and calories but I can usually be satisfied with half a serving.
  • Ahnikamarie
    Options
    Coffeemate has a sugar free version. I have found the French Vanilla and Peppermint Mocha. I love coffee creamer, but I am diabetic. I was so excited when I found the sugar free!!!
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I just use the regular and use half what I normally would. I have used either fat free or low fat half and half (I can't remember what it said on the box...I remember it was like 10 cal/tbsp though) and that with splenda it did the trick. I don't know why I started being lazy...xD
  • BirchBayLady
    BirchBayLady Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use Almond Milk. 1 cup is 40 calories, so a couple of tablespoons is not bad at all. When I learend that my CoffeeMate creamers were 30 calories each, I had to ditch them!

I found this info on Almond Milk:

Almond milk contains ground almonds and water. It's a common substitute for animal milk, especially for people who are lactose intolerant. Almond milk is high in fat and very low in carbohydrates and calories.

Calories
    A 1-cup serving of almond milk contains 40 calories, or about 2 percent of the daily value for calories. This daily value assumes a standard diet of 2,000 calories per day, according to FatSecret website.

LACTAID® Official Site Get Exclusive Deals on Lactose-Free Milk, Ice Cream & More. Visit Now! www.Lactaid.com
    Sponsored Links Composition
    The calorie content in a serving of almond milk consists of 32 calories from fat, six calories from protein and two calories from carbohydrates.

Fat, Protein and Carbohydrates
    The fat content in a serving of almond milk his 3.58 g, which is about 6 percent of the daily value for fat. A serving of almond milk also has 1.51 g of protein, or about 3 percent of the daily value for protein. The carbohydrate content in a serving of almond milk is 1.4 g, which is less than 1 percent of the daily value for carbohydrates.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/306209-calories-in-almond-milk/#ixzz1j7ZSzTK8
  • yogi_meg
    yogi_meg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love Almond Milk too. I buy the smaller "lunch size" portions. They last awhile cause they have a long shelf life until opened.
  • Suzieqt81
    Suzieqt81 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys...I picked up almond milk which I actually already use in cereals when I treat myself to cereals lol not sure why I didnt think to use in coffee and I also picked up the sugar free creamer....
  • LosingMyselfin2011
    LosingMyselfin2011 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I use the store brand, generic powder creamer...french vanilla sugar free. Its the same as teh coffee mate, but cheaper!
  • mary_kate23
    Options
    i use coffeemate french vanilla fat free... 25 cals/tbsp, no fat.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I use the International Delight skinny white chocolate mocha. 30 calories/tbsp and no fat.
  • isherryb
    isherryb Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't usually use cream, but occasionally I like to use the flavored creamer. I don't like sugar-free or fat-free so I use Coffeemate Cafe Latte, its only 25 calories per tablespoon.
  • kmacgera
    kmacgera Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I use milk w/ coffee (just a cup of 2%, LOL), so I've cut coffee out completely. One sweetener I'm starting to use is stevia. I am making lemonade with it, only 1/2 of the tiny spoon that comes with. I have also used it successfully in cocoa, 1 scoop. It's not poison, like the fake sweeteners, or bad like corn syrup, so they say.