Stepping it up question

Options
My exercise time is very limited due to my hectic school schedule during the day and working at night. I've been going on the treadmill during my lunch at work, but I would like to do something that burns more calories. Any suggestions?

Replies

• MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    HIIT training can be done on the treadmill, You can add some free weights, or Kettle balls.

pleanty of things you can do or add, such as Squats, Planks, Lunges
  • leelie86
    Options
    Hey,

With exercise, there's really no one-size-fits-all solution. Depending on your existing fitness level, weight, strength etc it’s really better if you ask in your gym. In general, I would suggest varying the kinds of cardio you do (try the rowing machine, the cross trainer etc) and also do some weight training, but you’ll need to have someone to show it to you properly. Most gyms (here in Ireland at least) offer a free advice session when you sign up/at regular intervals. It’s nothing scary, and they are usually quite competent at giving you advice on how often you should be working out and what you should be doing during those work outs.
    I do some high intensity interval training about once or twice a week, which is really great and hard work, but again, I’d be somewhat careful about advising you on anything in particular without knowing more about you – get professional advise, reduce the risk of injury and demotivating yourself :)