Is my plan good?

Options
I have some 20 lbs to lose i am planning Monday rest next 3 days 45 mins jogging and Friday,sat sun strength training with sat, sun doing cycling for an hour? How is that sounds? please comment

Replies

• Nitachi
    Nitachi Posts: 142
    Options
    I have some 20 lbs to lose i am planning Monday rest next 3 days 45 mins jogging and Friday,sat sun strength training with sat, sun doing cycling for an hour? How is that sounds? please comment

What is your goals? Based on your post it seems you are training for a marathon.

As for strength training it is recommended not to train the same muscles on consecutive days.
  • grantacconda
    Options
    Get to your goal weight first.
    Start strength training then if thats what you want.
    When losing weight at a good steady pace your aim is not to get stronger but to maintain and not lose strength.
    If your dieting and doing cardio you wont be having enough calories to do strength training properly and may end up injuring yourself.
  • muzaffar_ali99
    muzaffar_ali99 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get 70kgs and now i am at 84 kgs. Actully i am not novice runner i used to be running before, but and i was at 75kgs then again started gaining weight due to laziness.
  • muzaffar_ali99
    Options
    i have half marathon in my mind too :)
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I think you'd be better alternating strength and cardio instead of piling them up like that. Do M-W-F strength, with 15 minutes of warm up cardio before hand, and T-Th-Sa jogging with Sunday as a rest day.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    i have half marathon in my mind too :)

Then I suggest downloading Hal Higdon's half marathon training schedule. It's the one I used, and I ran my first half marathon in 2:30:06 after just beginning to run 11 months earlier.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Sounds good - what about diet?

All of this is for nothing if you're on some starvation diet.
    And are you eating back your exercise calories? If not do so.

And what is your weekly weight loss goals? 1lb per week is recommended.

Again, if you're not eating enough, all your exercise is for nothing, and you'll gain all your weight back plus a little extra.
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Your plan sounds good, though I would mix it up...I would strength train on alternate days, hitting different muscle groups, only run 2 days in a row, so mix in your biking with it....and keep a rest day....so basically spread all of your exercise out thru the 6 days, instead of doing consecitive days of the same thing.

I believe that strength training now will make you stronger for your running and it helps to shrink inches off your body, so I would keep that in your plan. Just make sure that you are eating properly.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Don't do strength training 3 days in a row. You need 24 to 48 hours between workouts to repair muscle. You don't grow muscle during your workout, you grow it during rest.
  • muzaffar_ali99
    Options

Again, if you're not eating enough, all your exercise is for nothing, and you'll gain all your weight back plus a little extra.

I am eating mixing with all kind of diet and not making my self starve and eating strength foods like eggs, meat, almonds, fruit etc...
  • muzaffar_ali99
    Options
    Ok thnx for replies lets update the plan.
    Monday (free)
    Tuesday (Running 30 to 45 min)
    Wednesday (Strength Training)
    Thursday (Running 30 to 45 min
    Friday (Strength Training)
    Sat (One hour bike)
    Sunday ( Strength Training and biking (biking can be skipped if not feeling well))
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options

I am eating mixing with all kind of diet and not making my self starve and eating strength foods like eggs, meat, almonds, fruit etc...
    Very good!
    All should be well.

Keep Punching!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Monday (free)
    Sat (One hour bike)
    Sunday ( Strength Training and biking (biking can be skipped if not feeling well))

^ This is much better.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Monday (free)
    Sat (One hour bike)
    This is very close to what I am doing now.