Sit ups

Options
How many sit ups should i do a day to eventually get a trim and toned stomach? At the moment its abit jelly like lol helppp!!

Replies

• Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Sit ups themselves won't help I'm afraid, you will just end up with muscles hidden under the "jelly"

You need to do a serious amount of cardio to lose belly fat, as I am finding out! It isn't fun but it is worth it.
  • waxon81
    waxon81 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Sit ups themselves won't help I'm afraid, you will just end up with muscles hidden under the "jelly"

You need to do a serious amount of cardio to lose belly fat, as I am finding out! It isn't fun but it is worth it.

This!
    I love the saying "a six pack is made in the kitchen, not the gym"
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    You can do sit ups till you're blue in the face, and all you're going to wind up with is tight muscles and a flabby stomach.

Keep eating at a calorie deficit and doing cardio/weights.
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I agree with LisaSmuts. Doing sit-ups will, however give you a nice smooth surface for your skin to lie on once the "jelly" starts to break down:happy: I had serious doubts when a friend told me a year ago that it's 20% exercise and 80% what you eat (I had very firmand thick "love handles"...) But it worked!! Even after five pregnancies! Most of it was gone after 6 months!! Her recommendations were to limit: wheat (women naturally deposit wheat on hips, apparently), potatoes, pasta, bad fats and salt. Increase: water, fiber, a variety of whole grains and protein. She also said: fruit in the morning, colored veggies at noon, green at night to respect your body's natural metabolism, but give your body a break on weekends if you are strict during the week (how cool is that?) BTW, she is a figure competitor:bigsmile: I have to admit I did lots of abs anyway, hoping it would melt faster... but stronger abs have made my life sooo much easier! Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • polkadotty88
    polkadotty88 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. If i build muscle under my 'jelly' (lol), as i lose weight (without cardio just diet) wont the firm stomach start showing? Or do i definately need a lot of cardio too. Ps, what foods have protien? x
  • sophieeelouise
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. If i build muscle under my 'jelly' (lol), as i lose weight (without cardio just diet) wont the firm stomach start showing? Or do i definately need a lot of cardio too. Ps, what foods have protien? x

yeah i'd love to know this too because i'm not big, i've been dieting and lost 6lbs but i don't do that much cardio so i'd also love to know the answer to this!