Diet worry, ladies only please!!

Options
Hi

As soon as I start on a calorie controlled diet I seem to need to go to the loo much more frequently. At worst I have been 3 times in one hour! Its starting to become really irritating. I have had 2 children and the waterworks have never been the same since but this is ridiculous. I can't see that its anything medical because as soon as I increase bulk (bread, potatoes, pasta etc) in my diet it goes back to normal. I have to go through this for a couple of weeks until things settle down.

I am guessing that the simple answer is that its due to the extra water containing food I eat (veg and fruit) and the fact that we lose water first?

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced similar.

Thanks,

Wendy

Replies

• swilkie1961
    swilkie1961 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My hands got so dried from washing all the time! It does get whole lot better as your body adjust to amount of fiber and water. Keep at it!
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Without more details about you I will assume you are losing your 'water weight' if this is the start of your journey! Good news - you'll like the difference on the scale and it will settle down soon! Good luck!
  • Wendyp2011
    Options
    Thanks for your quick replies. Yes its water weight, I suppose it makes sense really but its just so irritating, I get a bit self conscious in the office!
  • joolsweb
    joolsweb Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi ya - when I started I had the same problem, mainly cause I was trying to drink at least 1200ml of water a day and I seemed to be going about 14 times over 6 hours - however I'm now up to drinking between 1800ml and 2400ml during my working day and I'm actually going less - but still pretty regularly - so certainly for me it has got better but did take 2-3 weeks to settle down.
    Just remember everytime you go to the loo, its more steps per day (I include going to a further loo that the one nearest and try to do 10 standing pushups each time I go).
    Good luck
  • shelley7890
    shelley7890 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love the fact I'm not full of it anymore lol. No Hun its a good sign the scales will show u that. I know what u mean tho at first I was the same and it was loose ur body has to adjust that's all it is. X
  • Wendyp2011
    Options
    Thanks its nice to know I am not on my own.

I might use the downstairs loo, that would really up the calorie burning!!

Wendy