Whats the WORST concert you've ever been to?

Options

Replies

• MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Going to a Ginuwine concert back in 1997. It sucked!
  • luckyinlife
    luckyinlife Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Feel asleep at an Alan Jackson concert ! BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Razorlight was my worst, They were bland, off tune and overall un-entertaining

I cant choose a best but can narrow it down to 3, Aerosmith :-) 50 Cent and Bonjovi/Nickelback they was my favourie 3
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Horrible mother here....some of my kid's holiday concerts
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    SNoop Dogg
  • jessashcher
    Options
    I can't think of any really bad concerts that I have been to, but my husband and I went to see Neil Young at the forum in Los Angeles back in the early 90's and we sat so far back and up at the top in their that all the smoke from people getting high came up to us and we got a contact high and both fell asleep.
  • PRSce24
    Options
    Which AAE gig? I've been to all of their gigs since 1988 (International 2). For me it was definitely Chris de Burgh. I was dragged along by an ex-gf. He was truly dire.
  • LJonisRN
    Options
    Eric Clapton. Snoozefest.
  • ClarkAddison
    ClarkAddison Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am both embarrased and slightly proud to say this because I have never met anyone else who has seen them. I saw the Starland Vocal Band (One hit wonders - Afternoon Delight) open for John Denver. John Denver was, well John Denver so he was ok if you were into that.
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I bought my husband (then boyfriend) tickets to see TOOL in concert thinking he would bring a buddy or something...nope he wanted me to go!

It was the worst concert ever...I actually fell asleep in my chair...LOL
    Bad when you think the opening act is better :)

But the singer stood on a rotating stage behind everyone so he was where the drummer should have been and at one point he left for about 45 minutes while the band just played and when he came back he was in his underwear!! WTH
  • amyofftherecord
    amyofftherecord Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My Chemical Romance, but not because of the band. The venue (The Sound Academy) just sucked. The stage isn't all that high and the floor is basically flat, so unless you're tall or at the front you don't see anything. Ruined the show for me because other than a periodic tuft of crayon-red hair, I was blind. They *sounded* great, though, and I saw them again a few months later at a better venue and they were fantastic.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Pink Floyd, 1989 @ Arrowhead Stadium. Seats were way in the back by the rear right speaks which were too loud and then got a 1/2 a sec. sound delay from the rear left due to distance. Only could see about 1/2 the stage. If we were back two more rows we would have been out of the stadium.
  • slayerdan
    slayerdan Posts: 193
    Options
    Shows for me are about the vibe overall, not always the band---over 400 shows in, I have seen everyone from Accept to ZZTop. I have to say if any were bad, it was usually an opening act of some sort. I saw Yngwie open for ACDC on the Fly on the Wall tour.....it was 45 minutes of nothing but guitar, guitar, guitar. I am sure some in the audience loved it. I read some of the reviews here and it seems some of you went to shows where that music wasnt your thing anyway...so naturally the show seemed to suck.
  • rubbyk
    rubbyk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Staind, They sounded great and I like their music, but they were boring. On the other hand Mudvanye was one of the best shows Ive ever seen.
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I started going to concerts a lot in the late 90s/early 2000s.... there's so much bad rock during that time that its hard to count how many bad concerts I went to.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Don't remember the name, but they were the "main act"...that it turned out nobody really wanted to see. They went on first and played for over an hour, meanwhile ppl were leaving right left & center & came back for the "closing act" which was Pillar. And they were awesome.
  • maxwellcoffeebean
    Options
    Went to see Sevendust, Korn, and Disturbed. but they had a band come out before them called In This Moment. They were terrrible!! Their singer was this chick who just screamed for 20 min.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Bob Dylan was very disappointing. Spent most of the night at his piano. It was sideways to the crowd and he never really engaged the audience. Glad I went, but I could have just put on one of his CD's and stayed home for a lot less money.

That was my Bob Dylan experience. I saw him in 2006. For me, it was more about the experience of seeing Bob Dylan than actually seeing him jangle away his classic tunes.

Jimmy Vaughan and Junior Brown opened the show though, and they were both great.

Still remember two other things about that evening: Firstly, my date. I wonder where she is now? Broken-hearted over me, surely. Secondly, I missed my fantasy football draft for that concert. My roommate drafted me the worst team for abandoning the league for the concert and I still came in second place. Maybe that should've been "firstly."
    -wtk
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Coheed and Cambria opened for slipknot and they were awful. I was so disappointed. I was there for them. But slipknot rocked it.
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    Warrant @ Red Rocks. Singer was so drunk he couldn't remember words and kept burping into microphone. lol