Do you log *every* bit of exercise? cooking, cleaning etc

Options
Miss_dannii
Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
I mean everything? I don't log the likes of hoovering, walking up/down the stairs, cooking (although I don't know how that is exercise anyway!) and folding laundry etc

Just wondering if you do?

Replies

• Sweetplady
    Sweetplady Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I post exercise, yard work and housework (when I am doing the BIG weekly cleaning vacuuming, mopping (I actually get into the floor and scrub my bathrooms and kitchen by hand), and cleaning the bathrooms. I don't post cooking or if I'm just doing a little 10 minute clean up like that through the week. - Although through the holidays I believe as much chopping and cooking as I did it would have counted as at least light exercise. I wash all my dishes by hand. It burns calories.
    :^)
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I rarely log the cleaning/cooking part. I do log if I do excess walking for whatever reason.

JM
  • rebecca_d35
    Options
    No, only intentional exercise that takes me more than 20 minutes. And usually not walks--only runs. I figure everything else is just bonus (and makes up for anything I ate without logging).
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Strangely enough I was thinking about this earlier, i logged a jelly baby and a wine gum but don't log all the exercise i do - i walk to and from the station which is like half a mile each way but don't include it as i see it as free calories burned maybe....

otherwise you could say holding a fart in was exercise as your clenching - i assume :laugh:
  • Miss_dannii
    Options
    (not that there's anything wrong with logging that stuff! I just don't log it because I think of it in the way that it's stuff I've always done even before starting the diet, and if I am burning any calories while doing it then that's a bonus :) But I dont count it as exercise in my head if that makes sense xx
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    No. Id say only log the things that are not every day things. If you actually go out of your way to do something - log it. If you would have done it anyway - dont!

:)
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    no I consider all of those things built in with daily activity. Usually I only log anything over 20 minutes and only if it is something that raises my heart rate.
  • Miss_dannii
    Options
    Haha Clark, I love your way of thinking!!
  • Annette1270
    Annette1270 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Have you noticed.. and no it wasn't me who logged this... BUT my friend had an extra exciting weekend and was able to log her extracise with "yoga"... interesting. I know on WW you were able to log on extra curricular activities with you SO if you know what I mean. haha
  • Marley112586
    Marley112586 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I only log if i break a sweat.
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    No. Id say only log the things that are not every day things. If you actually go out of your way to do something - log it. If you would have done it anyway - dont!

:)

This
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i just document actual exercise and cardio .., im not really that ocd with documenting my weight training because im more concerned on the cardio. my trainer documents my weight training for me. i didnt really see much on here in regard to calories burned with weights . i do housework but thats routine so i dont document it because really its not that great of a workout. my gf who is obesely overweight says she gets her exercise doing lawn work so she doesnt need to go to a gym.. i had to be honest and told her .. doing just lawn work apparently isnt working for you.. she goes to the gym now
  • Miss_dannii
    Options
    Lol MaryJ, tough love!

Yes I wondered, I saw some people burn an *awful* lot of calories doing housework/cleaning and I wondered if everybody logged like that. To each their own I guess!