workout/rest day

Options
I am workout Monday -friday,so do I need to take the weekend off for rest. Or can I just keep going...

Replies

• MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Rest is always important. Working out strains the muscles and they need time to repair.
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    You can keep on being active on weekends if you want but give yourself at least a semi-rest by just doing lighter exercising on the weekends.

(Personally I try to do gym on Mon, Wed, & Fri and do yoga at home on weekends, it's really helping and my muscles seriously need time to rest after classes like body pump anyway!)

What kind of exercising are you doing?
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy getting up at 4:50am to go to the gym, so I don't really want to stop doing that for a rest day. So if I rest on the weekend. Will that be good enough.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I doing a hour on the elliptical one day and treadmill the next day.
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy getting up at 4:50am to go to the gym, so I don't really want to stop doing that for a rest day. So if I rest on the weekend. Will that be good enough.

If you want to get up at 4:50am every day of the week, then do it, but dont over-exert your muscles, they need to rest. Maybe Sat & Sun go for a swim or do much lighter forms of exercise (pilates or aquajogging) to repair the muscles as previous poster said.
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    Absolutely rest. When you workout you're putting a lot of stress and strain on your body. It needs to rebuild. Someone above mentioned Active Rest. That's a great option. Just go for a walk or something on the weekends. If you have dogs, that's perfect ;)