Hello Im NEW!!! i need some support!

Options
My name is Jess and i am starting my new lifestyle journey today! i have tried just about everything and nothing seems to work. So i know that once i get into this i am going to win at all of my goals. Im a new mommy of a 2 yr old and thats how i mostly gained my weight. i am also a hairstylist and most hairstylist seem to be over weight for some reason. I believe its from mainly standing and moving your upper body and not lower. I am looking for support from others in my same situation and just want to ask people for their opinions and if anyone has advice please let me in on all your dirty secrets! :wink:

Replies

• Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I added you, accept if you want.
  • snowness
    Options
    Hello and welcome! This site is phenomenol! Feel free to add me if you would like :)
  • kimray75
    kimray75 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey there! You are welcome to add me if you need support! I am Kim, age 42, from CT. I have actually been on the site for a few months but not really gotten serious till now. I initially lost 92 pounds. on Weight Watchers but have gained about 20 back so now I'm counting calories. Feel free to add me as I said. Good luck on your journey! You can do it!
  • Kellie82much
    Kellie82much Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me. The more the merrier on this journey!
  • kaydee71
    Options
    I gained all my weight from having my last two children. I haven't been able to lose the weight either but yesterday my OBGYN told me that I'm not ovulating and it's probably due to Polycystic Ovarian Syndrom or Insulin resistance. She also asked me if I crave sugar in the mid-afternoon and evenings and YES I DO! So she put me on Metformin ER (extended release) and she believes it will help me control my cravings. I had taken it a long long time ago after I had my 13 year old daughter. I had the same problems and lost 70 lbs.! So getting rid of the cravings and making yourself NOT insulin resistant is what I think is the KEY. I actually asked for the Metformin this time because a lot of doctor's will try to put you on birth control pills which I don't think are that healthy for you. Love to help out in any way I can. Lets buddy up! Kristine
  • kminnucci
    kminnucci Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new too...end of December.
    A couple things I've learned.
    Don't set the weightloss goal too high. I went with 5 pounds per month because I never lost 10 pounds a month and kept it off. I read a blog on this site where a women talked about loosing the weight over a long period of time and then keeping it off. 5 pounds per month is an easy goal. So you end of meeting your goal every month, never feeling starved. So thats my goal I'm going to loose it one more time then keep it off for the rest of my life. Too many times I've started with huge goals and never met them, to do that over and over again is insane, stressful and depressing. Its a novel approach for me and so far...Jan 10 about 12 days in...I'm feeling pretty good and the weight is coming off with out any suffering.
    Also I noticed I was light on potassium all the time. Potassium is not required on a label so you may not be missing as much as you think. Coffee has lots of potassium in it...who knew.
    Friend me if you feel like it!
    Good luck
    Kim
  • hollykan
    hollykan Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi Jess! Welcome. I just added you as a friend.
  • CAMette11
    Options
    I can help! We can help each other. My name is Meredith and I am 28, I have a back injury that I need to lose weight for and I am also getting married in June. I am a teacher and just overall busy for while I do not have a child, I can understand where you are coming from. Let me know if you want to support each other?
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    welcome welcome...i will add you now and my yahoo messenger is god.links for whoever wants it.
  • dragonfly1570
    Options
    Hi Jess! I'm new to this site as well. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like! We can all use support! Laurie
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am brand new as well, so feel free to add me!
  • 1SassyCox
    Options
    I started in June and haven't looked back. I lost 8 pounds in the first week!!! I had been so dependent on Diet Coke that I never realized how much sodium I was putting in my body. I love the support I've gotten from my MFP family and I can't imagine being 27 pounds lighter without it. Feel free to add me - but keep in mind, I can be a bit too honest at times! Best regards - Stephanie
  • glenclewis
    glenclewis Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'd' be happy to provide support for you while your reaching for your goal. I've done this several times over the years to reach different goals. I'd be glad to give you any advice you might need to help
  • KSHorne
    KSHorne Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Add me if you want. That goes for any and everybody!
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    My name is Jess and i am starting my new lifestyle journey today! i have tried just about everything and nothing seems to work. So i know that once i get into this i am going to win at all of my goals. Im a new mommy of a 2 yr old and thats how i mostly gained my weight. i am also a hairstylist and most hairstylist seem to be over weight for some reason. I believe its from mainly standing and moving your upper body and not lower. I am looking for support from others in my same situation and just want to ask people for their opinions and if anyone has advice please let me in on all your dirty secrets! :wink:

I also have treid just about everything :/ except eatting right and working out up until now, ive been at this for a little over 15 days I am not a hairdresser but I work in a school I have a 5 year old and 6 year old and they helped me add the weight, but I just never got it off. I need to lose about 25lbs and I am 26 years old feel free to add me if you would like
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I gained all my weight from having my last two children. I haven't been able to lose the weight either but yesterday my OBGYN told me that I'm not ovulating and it's probably due to Polycystic Ovarian Syndrom or Insulin resistance. She also asked me if I crave sugar in the mid-afternoon and evenings and YES I DO! So she put me on Metformin ER (extended release) and she believes it will help me control my cravings. I had taken it a long long time ago after I had my 13 year old daughter. I had the same problems and lost 70 lbs.! So getting rid of the cravings and making yourself NOT insulin resistant is what I think is the KEY. I actually asked for the Metformin this time because a lot of doctor's will try to put you on birth control pills which I don't think are that healthy for you. Love to help out in any way I can. Lets buddy up! Kristine

I agree about the birth control pills not being healthy. The first time I was on them, I ended up with my beautiful little girl, but after I gave birth to her I had what my dr.'s describe as premenapausal symptoms caused by the birht control pills. I got back on birthcontrol before thanksgiving because of irregularities and within 2 weeks my blood pressure shot through the roof. It took me being put on meds and off the birth control to get it under control. Now I am birthcontrol free and blood pressure meds free!!!!!!!!!
  • firstjog11
    firstjog11 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey Jess! Welcome to MFP. I've only been a member a month but am super excited about what this site has to offer. I sent you a friend request if you want to add me. I'm 34 and a mom of 5 kids...15, 14, 13, 11, and 9. I work from home, but sit all day at the computer...so the pounds have started to add up and now they are going to come off!!!! Good luck on your journey!
  • Yvonne6928
    Options
    I am new here too! I have been a manicurists for 27 years...and yes, it's our lack of moving!!! Goodluck, feel free to friend me. I am doing this journey along with Jenny Craig, my counselor recommended this website to me. :flowerforyou:
  • curvy_ca_mama
    curvy_ca_mama Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! This site is phenomenal! Feel free to add me if you would like :)

Me too! Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • kme2011
    kme2011 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Hi jess. I know how u feel. Im a hairdresser also and some days when there isnt much to do its just sitting around waiting. Then other days its like u are begging for a minute to sit down. Lol. Anyway feel free to add me if u like.