RESTARTING OVER!! MY CONFESSION!

Options
:noway: I CAN NOT BELIEVE MYSELF! I lost 14 pounds in 2008. Then I gained back 6 pounds of that. In January of 2009 I found this web site and decided to give it a go again. I lost the 6 pounds but now ...I have put on 8 pounds!!!:mad:

So, now I am starting over again! In 2004 I went to a high of 292...and when I started trying to lose in 2008 I weighed 287.5...went down to 273.5..now Im 282.5 again! I am 5'4 and female...so I need to lose at least 100 pounds and more likely 150....at any rate I guess this is a CONFESSION OF SORTS and getting it out so maybe you guys can hold me accountable!! Im 61 years of age...thanks for listening...:sad:

Replies

• mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I hope you are able to muster up the strength and motivation to stick to it this time. We're here for you when you need us! GOOD LUCK! :flowerforyou:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Congratulations! This is the first step, welcome to this site. You are going to do great. I know that I have been at this for a little over 3 months, the longest I have ever stuck to anything. I need to lose over a 100 pounds as well. So I can relate to you.:flowerforyou:
  • mtgal47
    mtgal47 Posts: 17
    Options
    Thank you so much! I think this is what I need...to become more involved with others fighting the same battle!:smile:
  • mutkin
    mutkin Posts: 109
    Options
    I'm starting over too. Better to get back on track than continue down the other path!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    welcome back and good luck on your weight loss journey. I started here at 292 pounds and now I have lost 42, so I am now 250 but I still have 130 pounds to lose. We can do this!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • angel1face
    angel1face Posts: 110
    Options
    well atleast yuor willing to start again we all fall off at some point belive me i had my fair share of tips lol, but we get right back on right. welcome back:flowerforyou:
  • xoxopeaceandlove
    Options
    you go girl! getting motivated is a good first step. you can do this! what helps me is to look at pictures (or just imagine) of what i want my body to look like (celebrities sure do help, lol!) and instead of getting depressed, i say "i'm GOING TO look like that!" just gotta keep that goal in mind at all times. good luck!!
  • thotbranch
    thotbranch Posts: 4
    Options
    Just know that you are not alone in your thoughts and your fears. You can do it. We can do it together.[

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]213635.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Nel

MFP is a great place.

There's a group called Senior Golden Sneakers. You can find us under "Fitness and Exercise" on the message boards. We have a thread for the month of May. We'd love for you to join us.

This site has changed my life.

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink a lot of water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

If you work hard at this, you will succeed. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • spunkiemunkie503
    Options
    I hear you....it's way to easy to fall off the wagon when you don't have the support and motivation. I also have at least 100lbs to lose and want to start a walking challenge. Start small and work up from there...maybe weekly or even daily check ins.....It's hard to get in on alot of the other challenges because of the maount of weight I have to lose and getting started..Let me know what you think. Anytime you need support just call on me:flowerforyou: :love: :wink: