HELP

Options
Its seems that after I drink I lose A LOT of weight the next day and then I gain a lot the day after that. Can anyone tell me why this happens?? Im so confused!!!

Replies

• cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Well, if it's alcohol you're drinking, my theory on that is that you're slightly dehydrated afterwards.
  • harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Oh yes I forgot to mention that part yes it is alcohol LOL!

Good theroy and I may agree with it.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, i was 110.8 friday, had a few 99 cal. Woody's Vodka coolers and then on Sat i was 109.4(as you can see by my ticker) and then on Sunday was up to 111.6 and then 113 yesterday and back to 112 today??? I have been staying just under my 1200 a day calories.

If someone can explain this to me i would be forever greatful!!
  • rstarks54
    rstarks54 Posts: 163
    Options
    Yep, alcohol dehydrates you, so you have an immediate weight loss, however, when you rehydrate, the weight often returns, and then some!!! Careful of those alcohol calories...they sneak up on you!!! Best to you always, Rick
  • Mom_To_5
    Options
    Yep, alcohol dehydrates you, so you have an immediate weight loss, however, when you rehydrate, the weight often returns, and then some!!! Careful of those alcohol calories...they sneak up on you!!! Best to you always, Rick

Thanks for the info!! As for the alcohol calories...that's why i was drinking the 99 cal. drinks!! Still didn't help though!! LOL
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, i was 110.8 friday, had a few 99 cal. Woody's Vodka coolers and then on Sat i was 109.4(as you can see by my ticker) and then on Sunday was up to 111.6 and then 113 yesterday and back to 112 today??? I have been staying just under my 1200 a day calories.

You're pretty close to your goal weight that it is important at this point in time to eat all of your net calories plus your exercise calories. If you don't, your body will begin to store what ever you consume if you it thinks your starving.

Or at least eat all your net calories, and if you exercise to up your calorie intake.
  • Mom_To_5
    Options

You're pretty close to your goal weight that it is important at this point in time to eat all of your net calories plus your exercise calories. If you don't, your body will begin to store what ever you consume if you it thinks your starving.

Or at least eat all your net calories, and if you exercise to up your calorie intake.

I don't add in all my calories, like butter on my toast, milk in my tea and stuff like that, that is why i don't eat all my calories(i come really close to my 1200 a day though and once in a while, like weekends tend to eat too much lol) and i have never ate my exercise calories as when i tried that my weight stayed the same. Heck i'm eating way more than i ever used to anyways, i would usually only eat supper most of the time as i was never hungry, since starting on here back in Jan, i have been eating 3 meals a day plus 2 snacks.

Thanks for the info though too!! I appreciate any and all advice i get!!!

Just got off the treadmill and in desperate need of a shower !!