Hard Boiled Eggs

Options
So I LOVE hard boiled eggs!!!! But they cant be too healthy for you can they? I usually have 2 for lunch with some soup. I eat it all even the yolk! Does any one know if I should cut down or am I okay???

Replies

• learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I think they're healthy personally. They are my favourite source of protein.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    They are just fine. Enjoy them. I have them every single morning.
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options

I have a friend who is a Health Nut and she gets at me for eating the yolk. I think like you.....There protien so they can be all that bad right!?
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I love em too!!!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

I have a friend who is a Health Nut and she gets at me for eating the yolk. I think like you.....There protien so they can be all that bad right!?

Egg yolks are just fine. If she's complaining about the cholesterol in the yolk, then she is very misinformed about how it works. Blood cholesterol has almost nothing to do with dietary cholesterol.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i don't get why there was a hype on eating the yolks? my dr said it's very healthy to eat the whole egg. So i do i stick to the whole egg now.
  • rgood64
    rgood64 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A dietician told me that the yolk is a good source of omega 3 essential oils.
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I usually eat them about 4 days a week. Whole eggs got such a bad rap years ago and people still hang on to that information. Eat them and tell her to do some research about eating whole eggs. She might learn they aren't as bad as she thinks.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Eggs are a superfood and are not as bad for you as we once thought. If you google "eggs super food" you can find articles explaining why.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Eat up. I often have a hard boiled egg as a snack. The combo of fat and protein fill me up nicely as a snack.
  • pangela13
    pangela13 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Raising chickens always have fresh eggs they are the quick and tasty ( the eggs) not the chickens.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    everything in moderation. i love them as a quick snack that has plenty of protein.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    There are no bad foods, everything in moderation.
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Eggs are great! They are an excellent source of protein! I love to boil eggs in advance and grab one if I'm in a rush and know I'm going to miss a meal. They're also a great in-between meal snack too! I actually will put some freshly chopped garlic in the water when I boil them too! It adds a little extra flavor!
  • tinalatina
    Options
    Eggs are great! They are an excellent source of protein! I love to boil eggs in advance and grab one if I'm in a rush and know I'm going to miss a meal. They're also a great in-between meal snack too! I actually will put some freshly chopped garlic in the water when I boil them too! It adds a little extra flavor!
    I will have to try that! Thanks for the tip! and Yes Im sticking to the whole egg! :)
  • tinalatina
    Options
    I usually eat them about 4 days a week. Whole eggs got such a bad rap years ago and people still hang on to that information. Eat them and tell her to do some research about eating whole eggs. She might learn they aren't as bad as she thinks.
    I eat them about 4 days a week too! Your right eggs do have a bad rap but glad to know they arent as bad as percieved! Thanks guys!
  • tinalatina
    Options
    A dietician told me that the yolk is a good source of omega 3 essential oils.
    That is good to know....thank you!!! Im sticking with it! :)
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i eat 2 whole eggs and 2 whites every morning and then sometimes another egg for a snack!
  • Yellowstonegirl
    Yellowstonegirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    BTW, Has anyone seen those "Eggie" things in the stores, where you you crack 6 eggs into the plastic holder and boil the whole thing. It kinda looks like a small plastic egg carton that you boil. It is so that you don't have to peel the egg after boiling it.

If anyone has one, I want to know if they work well.
  • Thefitnessvixen
    Options
    You are only having 2 that shouldn't be bad for you! If you were eating 12 like my husband does you should only have about 2 yolks.That is how he eats his.Eggs are so good for you!