Knit to Fit

Options
ThatDollSally
ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
Does anyone else knit or crochet in order to keep their mind off of their cravings? Right now I'm knitting a scarf to keep from going for the cheese poofs in the cupboard!

Replies

• Sadie98072
    Sadie98072 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I crochet :) Right now Im in the middle of a blanket and yep it keeps my hands away from the food.
  • Sadie98072
    Sadie98072 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I crochet :) Right now Im in the middle of a blanket and yep it keeps my hands away from the food.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    When I'm knitting with really nice yarn I don't want to stop to snack because I don't want to risk getting the yarn dirty. Knitting is a great way for me to keep the munchies at bay!
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I have school right now... finals time!!!! On my free time for break, I have sewing projects a new baby coming in Feb, puzzles, work out and hanging out with my little brother for the holidays...
  • allnewellie
    Options
    I crochet!

I just finished 2 potato chip scarfs (note the irony!!!), and about to start a lap throw. Keeps the hands busy, the mind occupied, and the munchies at bay! LOL
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Why are cheese puffs IN your cupboard.....lol :wink:
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I'm knitting an afghan, but I do it because I like to knit. I don't get cravings, my problem is that I wasn't eating enough and I gained weight. But I can see how knitting will keep you from reaching for a snack...keep those hands busy!
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome idea! I should start my christmas knitting while watching tv so I don't snack. It's my biggest downfall by far!
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I want to learn so bad! But I haven't the time with my work schedule..
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    :smile: I'm a cross stitcher, get so engrosed in it, it's meal times before you know it and missed pigging out.
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I've been known to knit while chilling out with my partner at the time - meant I was available for conversation if he wanted but also not bored and slowed down the frequency with which I picked up my wine glass!
  • ThatDollSally
    Options
    Why are cheese puffs IN your cupboard.....lol :wink:

I live with my dad who does the grocery shopping. I can't tell you the battle it takes to get some yogurt in this place! : )
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have two jumpers on the go and a crochet baby blanket :)
    I also give knitting lessons
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I crocheted a couple of afgans when I was trying to quit smoking. Does that count? Now I don't have the time to sit down!
  • ktmccorkell
    ktmccorkell Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just started knitting a couple of weeks ago and it is great and I haven't eaten as much-YEAH, but I also haven't exercised as much either, changing that tho!!!
  • ThatDollSally
    Options
    I crocheted a couple of afgans when I was trying to quit smoking. Does that count? Now I don't have the time to sit down!

Of course that counts! I got the idea from a program called "Knit to Quit" that was designed to help people quit smoking and alcohol.
  • 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230
    Options
    I crochet! I've made beanies and blankets. I made a HUGE king size blanket for my fiance's brother, a queen size blanket for my fiance'. A baby blanket for my childhood best friend's new baby girl. Beanies for my step children and my best friend's mom. My next project is going to be a tribute to all things 8 bit blanket for my fiance's cousin's first child. Probably a few matching dolls and pillows. It is going to be a big bundle of awesome. I love crocheting. ^_^
  • orcoast71
    orcoast71 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am working on some hats and scarves for local charity. Plus, I have a unfinished sock that needs to be done!
  • YHadam
    YHadam Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I spend so much time knitting it's ridiculous! I even tell people that I knit to keep myself from snacking so much. If my hands are busy I'm not as likely to eat an entire bag of chips ;)
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Gonna have to plug the knit/crochet group for the newbies. :happy: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/178-fitter-knitters-and-crocheters