weight gain in first 2 weeks of Chalean Extreme

Options
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced weight gain during the first two weeks of Chalean Extreme. I have followed the program exactly, am eating healthy, tracking my calories to about 1200 per day, and have gained 5 lbs. I was not happy when I got on the scale. I have been told this is water being held by the muscles to help in their repair, but I need some extra reassurance that this is going to fall off again. Please share you story. Thanks.

Replies

• CSnider
    CSnider Posts: 11
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone else has experienced weight gain during the first two weeks of Chalean Extreme. I have followed the program exactly, am eating healthy, tracking my calories to about 1200 per day, and have gained 5 lbs. I was not happy when I got on the scale. I have been told this is water being held by the muscles to help in their repair, but I need some extra reassurance that this is going to fall off again. Please share you story. Thanks.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I hope your eating some exercise calories. With a workout that intense there is noooo way you should be eating only 1200 a day! :noway:
  • demezat
    demezat Posts: 158
    Options
    First of all PLEASE do not give up! It could be that you've built some muscle, and as we all know that weighs more than fat...SO I would suggest taking your measurement...you'll be able to tell better that way.

~Toni D:drinker:
  • alligator1970
    Options
    Yeah you likely are not eating enough calories based on that. Remember you have to eat to burn calories. If your body thinks you are starving it will store the fat instead of burning it. So you need to use the tool on here to show you how much you need to eat everyday to loss and if you are excersiing alot then you need to "make up" those calories by eating good healthy foods. Protein, good carbs etc. It might seem like the less you eat the more you will loss but your body does not see it that way. The more excersise you are doing the more food (good food) you will need to continue to burn...make sense?
  • CSnider
    CSnider Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I have been forcing myself to eat more and I am down 5 lbs this week! Thanks for sharing and caring!!
  • vngubbi
    vngubbi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem too. I have gained 4 pounds in the past few days and it is so frustrating. I was hoping to loose weight but instead gaining. I have been eating about 1200 per day too and reading the comments below, will increase my intake too. Hoping that will make a difference. Thank you!!
  • tdotali
    tdotali Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    She explains why here. I love the program...I lost 10 lbs in the three months of doing it :)https://www.turbokick.com/wblog/?p=709