Weird coincidence or spirit contact?

Options
Ok, the subject line sounds corny I admit. I'm not a nut, not even sure what I believe when it comes to spirits, ghosts, etc. But, Monday night my husband said I woke up around 11:00 p.m. with a short loud yell. I found out yesterday that around that time my niece had died. Ok, that could totally be a coincidence, but when my mother died I was at the mall and I just knew. I had this feeling I needed to hurry and get home, the ambulance was taking her away when I got there. When my dad died I was in the shower. I knew he was on his way to the hospital in an ambulance so I was hurrying to get there, but all of the sudden I got this feeling that I didnt need to hurry. I started crying, I knew he was gone. When my nephew died in a motorcycle accident I had been dreaming of him for several days before that, worried about how my sister would handle him going away. I rationalized it by thinking he was moving out of state, I didnt want to think he might die.

Too werid, kind of freaks me out to think of it. But this happens to other people too, right? My husband thinks its all a coincidence and I find meanings in things just because I want to believe. It's all very odd to me, not sure how I should feel about it.

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I believe in all of this. All paranormal things, I'm convinced there's a ghost in my house for multiple reasons. I think you should start paying more attention to all the dreams and feelings your having, maybe you could prevent something from actually occurring? And tell your husband to kiss your butt, he's just jealous.
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    A coincidence, or a gift from God. Who knows for sure?
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I personally don't believe in spirits contacting people or ghosts lurking around, but I do believe that there is a common energy that we all share. If you are really close to someone and something happens to them, I could see a natural instinctual knowing that they are gone being possible.
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    When my dad passed away I woke up about 2 AM thinking something was wrong. 5:30 AM my phone is ringing. I ignored it at first because it was 5:30 in the morning. I was drifting back off to sleep when I had the thought that my dad was gone. Sure enough, at 6 my phone rang again. This time I got up to answer it and it was my mom calling to tell me my dad had a heart attack in his sleep and never woke up. They estimated his time of death at about 2 AM. I completely believe in the whole connection thing.
  • sugardreams
    Options
    I don't think it is weird at all and totally possible too. I have no idea if spirits, ghosts etc are real but I am convinced that there is something out there just beyond our reach. And some are just more susceptible to it then others. I Have had weird things happen to me that cannot be explained other then to think it was a guardian angel or some such thing. It's not the same as you feeling that loved ones have passed away but for me it all falls within the same area... Don't be scared by it. It's just part of who you are!
  • FollowThatUnicorn
    FollowThatUnicorn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in coincidences. I believe that things that happen mean something. And I think this from personal experience.

I think perhaps you have higher sensitivity to energy and that's why you know when these things happen. It's totally normal.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Things like this are normal to me. I've had dreams about something, then it happening the next day.

For example -

I'm a sub bus driver, and was dreaming I was driving a particular driver's bus through all kinds of horrible flooding. I was awakened from that dream by that driver telling me the road was washed out and she couldn't get to her bus and could I drive.

JM
  • DarkAngel525
    Options
    I absolutely believe in this. I lost a close friend almost 13 years ago. His mom and I were on the phone a few months ago and she broke down saying that she missed him so much still, and wondered if he stayed close to her. That night I dreamt of him telling me that he is always in his mom's car, in the backseat when she drives. When I told her this, she couldn't believe it. She said that she only talks outloud to Chris in the car, and often, like when he was alive, she looks in her rear view to the backseat while doing it.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    "I don't believe in coincidences. I believe that things that happen mean something. And I think this from personal experience.

I think perhaps you have higher sensitivity to energy and that's why you know when these things happen. It's totally normal."

I agree with this. We don't always understand what they mean til later on.. but it's happens for a reason.
  • loriamcq
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm sorry my niece died, but I'm glad that I had this special moment that I will always know was her maybe saying goodbye.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    My husband thinks its all a coincidence and I find meanings in things just because I want to believe. It's all very odd to me, not sure how I should feel about it.
    I think your husband's right, but I think that's ok. I'm an atheist former paranormal investigator who likes the unknown remaining unknown and the idea that there might be something I'm connected to somewhere in the universe. Wondering how you should feel about it? Feel comfortable with it.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    What are your top stock picks?
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I definitely believe in this kind of thing too.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you've experienced such great loss.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Things like that have happened to me more than once. There are many things in this world that have no apparent explanation.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    When I was 4 years old, my grandfather from Poland visited me (I live in Canada) one night. I was under the dinning room table playing with my stuffed toys and he joined in. I went to tell my mom. She didn't believe me and wanted me to leave her alone, but I kept telling her, "Grandpa's here!!! Come look!" She finally came, and he was gone. The next morning, my aunt called to tell my mom that my grandpa passed away.
  • keenslk
    keenslk Posts: 126
    Options
    i def believe in this sort of thing and no I dont think it is a coincidence - always trust your intuition! i get signs all the time from my dad who has passed away and they are very real ! just cause something isnt proven by science or logic doesnt mean it is not real :)