veggies

Options
I admit, I don't get enough vegetables in my diet. Is there some kind of vitamin supplement I can take to make up for it?

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    there is no subsititute for eating veggies. there are many nutrients you cant get from any supplement. other benefits too, such as fiber, phytonutrients (that can stave off cancer and other problems).

but, if you must...any good multi vitamin will do.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It's probably cheaper to eat more veggies, and much better for you!
  • Yellowstonegirl
    Yellowstonegirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Watkins products makes a Fruit and Veggie Complex tablet. I eat a lot of vegetables but I personally think you can't eat too many. Some days when I'm on the run I just can't get in enough fruit and vegetables, so these tablets help supplement that. When I take them I feel nourished and don't have as many cravings. It also helps with the plumbing...if you know what I mean. They run about $18 for 60 tablets-- a one month supply.

I also take, Watkins Super Green Multi. It is multiple vitamin and mineral tablet but also has super greens like barley grass, and algae and other super stuff in it. They run about $33 for 90 tablets--a one month supply.

I notice the difference in my skin too.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Just add them to everything you eat. They're full of nutrients and fiber, and very low calorie. personally I think they're the best thing you can give your body.
  • Yellowstonegirl
    Yellowstonegirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I agree. I've read some things regarding the Gerson therapy which advocating eating vegetarian, juicing and eating organic vegetable to treat cancer and other diseases with much success.

I'm not quite ready to go vegetarian yet, though. I like my meat.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I agree. I've read some things regarding the Gerson therapy which advocating eating vegetarian, juicing and eating organic vegetable to treat cancer and other diseases with much success.

I'm not quite ready to go vegetarian yet, though. I like my meat.

I find the Gerson research fascinating and very convincing. I'm vegetarian but it's just because I don't like meat. :laugh: I'm not one of those "everyone should be a vegetarian" but I do believe everyone should eat more vegetables! :smile:
  • havalinaaa
    havalinaaa Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    There are lots of fruit juice drinks that also contain veggies, like the V-8 line and some of the Naked juices - those would be much better for you than vitamins. Your body doesn't absorb vitamins the way it absorbs food. If you can't find a way to get them in your diet though, a good food-based vitamin would be better than nothing. Talk to the vitamin guy at your local health store, they'll help you find one that meets your needs (the guys at my local Whole Foods were more than happy to spend about 15 minutes with me going over various vitamins).