5'3 people! What is your UGW?

Options

Replies

• NicoleSchimmel
    NicoleSchimmel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My goal is 125, but I would take plus or minus a few!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what I want mine to be. Started at 170, at 139 right now. I actually don't see any difference in my body. I've went down 2 pant sizes but STILL the same size in shirts. Ugh.
  • panicintheattic
    panicintheattic Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It used to be between 100-110, but that's not really taking muscle mass into consideration... the biggest thing is that I want to get rid of my pudgy belly! I'm somewhere around 115-120 right now, but DEFINITELY nowhere near toned looking.
  • crrhpkns
    Options
    I'm 166 right now and I wear a size 12. I see some of you obviously carry your weight differently than me. I carry a lot of my weigh in my midsection. So, it was 125, but now I'm thinking 115 because I want to get to be around a size 4-6. But, I will be happy at a size 6-8 and won't stress if I can't get down to my UGW.
  • Tann33
    Tann33 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My UGW is 160 but I'm 193 right now. I'm ready to get out of the 190's group and when I reach that goal. I will consider more. I'm 5'2.
  • lja20
    lja20 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I think age has a lot to do w this question. In my late 20's I thought I was fat at 121 ponds, so I joined weight watchers and lost 11 pounds initially. Then I went through some relationship issues and dropped another 5. I weighed 105 at that point--I looked gaunt! Eventually got to around 115 and held there for awhile. what I've realized now is that for myself at 51, married now with two teenagers, a goal of 130-135 will be more reasonable for me to maintain. I feel good around 140 so that gives me a bit of a cushion and I can live life w/o constantly feeling deprived.
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2 and UGW would be 125-130.
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    i'm 5'3 and right now I'm around 134. I was 125 for a long time, 117 at the lowest (and like bones), but I have a really large frame and a long history with eating disorders... so now I'm really focusing on my fitness instead of my weight.
  • margysea
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my goal is 135.....have a way to go, about 40 lbs. Good luck all!
  • TerresaJ
    TerresaJ Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My UGW is 125. I'm there, but toning up still. But, I've had several people say I look unhealthy. I don't think so, except my face is a lot "smaller" than it used to be. I was 125 in my early 20's but no one I know now has really seen me at that weight. BTW...my profile pic was from when I had about 20 more pounds to go, so it's not how I look now.
  • whiskyzee
    whiskyzee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm 130 and a size 4 now. That was my goal, so now I'm focusing on training and finding my abs. I'm hesitant to keep setting my weight goal lower because I can get obsessive about it and it's just not the most important thing to me. I don't know if working on my core will entail losing more lbs., but if it does, great, if not, it's no big deal. I've certainly hit a plateau at 130.
  • bringit30
    bringit30 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just want to be in my 130's! I would be happy even if that is 139. It seems like forever away - but I guess I can reevaluate when I get there! I was 135 in my life and looked thin and healthy and I would be happy to be there again!
  • sunshinethompson
    sunshinethompson Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and I'm shooting for 160lbs!!!!
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I am 114 right now, would like to get back down to 111. I know it's not much, but it makes a big difference in how I feel. Cardio isn't helping me lose any more though...it's all strength from here on out.
  • marigold77
    Options
    My goal is to be a single digit size -- a size 8. I'm a size 12/14 depending on the brand. I think my bones are mega heavy, so I'm not going by lbs -- just dress size. :) Good luck!
  • Yori1
    Yori1 Posts: 142
    Options
    In my 40s, 5'3 UGW 140lbs. Currently at 154lbs and slowing losing my curves - not too happy about that as i'm an hourglass. Lol.
    Already my neck is looking too skinny - so not sure, where i'll end up!! :laugh:
  • lauraOOOO
    lauraOOOO Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    my lowest ever adult weight was 132....so if I could get there, that would be awesome. Right now I just want to get to 140 and see how I look/feel.
  • michonw
    michonw Posts: 59
    Options
    Ultimate Goal Weight is what I was thinking??
  • cfiles
    cfiles Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you. If I am toned and look good I don't care what my weight says. Its pretty cool we weigh just about the same and are the same height. And I also would be jus estatic to get to 160 but if I got to be a 5/6 like I was when I graduated high school that would be awesome. So what kind of exercise and diet are you doing?
  • cfiles
    cfiles Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have an ultimate goal SIZE of 6. I used to be a size six 5 years ago and the weight sneaked up on me very slowly... I'm now a 10 (or a 12 depending on the brand, but for this I'm going off my jean size at the Gap) but hoping to be down to 8 by June and to 6 by the end of 2012. I don't care how much I weigh as long as I can be that small again. I think back then I was around 130-135 but I was pretty flabby since I never did any strength training. I lift weights now on top of cardio so I might put on some muscle weight. I'm trying to focus less on the scale and more on my measurements/how clothes fit me.

I've been overweight for so long that I'll be psyched just to get down to 160! I'm 172 now.

The reply I jus wrote was referring to this quote.