Smoothie recipes, anyone?

Options
Hi there! I'm a newbie to MFP and I just recently purchased a hand-held blender for smoothie purposes. Now, I just need some recipes! Do you have some favorites to share?

Thanks so much.
:-)

Replies

• howie8790
    howie8790 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well, it isn't exactly like regular smoothies, but I like to get fresh or frozen fruits (my choices are blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, banana, and oranges/orange juice) fresh or frozen depends on price - put all the fruit into blender/mixer and blend until runny. You may want to strain out the seeds if you prefer not to spend the time cutting off the outside of the strawberries.

After it is mostly seedless, I pour in about 1/4 cup skim milk and about 5-7 ice cubes and blend again. I d not add any sugar since the mixture of fruits is pretty sweet already, but if you decide to choose only one fruit at a time, you may want to add some splenda or sugar to taste.

I like it because it isn't watered down like you might buy at a store. It is 100% fruits which almost gives you your entire daily value of them.
    Sometimes I may also add a little tomato and carrot if I'm feeling V8-ish.

Sorry if this is not what you are looking for! Good luck!
  • trvlmom12
    Options
    No, this is a good start. Thanks so much!
  • keywestsunset
    keywestsunset Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I take the lazy way out. Yoplait makes already cut up frozen fruit for smoothies, you just have to add milk. And jamba has the same thing, you just add apple juice. I get light apple juice from walmart. both are found in frozen fruit isle.
  • stormystrickland
    stormystrickland Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, banana, chocolate protein

Milk or water and ice

Tastes like a reese's peanut butter cup