Dont Want be to the girl with the pretty face anymore.

Options
Hey,

I'm a newbie to this site, but definitely not a newbie to weight issues.
I am a 22 year old student. I am starting a Masters program in a university located in a different city this September. My life will be changing a lot soon, for the better I hope, and I intend to start it well, fresh, and healthier.

As mentioned in the name of this thread, I dont want to be the girl with pretty face anymore. That line has become incredibly depressing to hear.

I've tried dieting for certain occasions, and for other people, but finally I am at the point where it is for myself... my health, my body, my anxieties. Its go time.

Some of the stories on here are incredibly inspiring.. I hope my story will be as well.

Thats my rant.. thanks for listening :blushing:

Replies

• jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! There is so much great support and advice here! Good luck! :wink:
  • tbrown1025
    tbrown1025 Posts: 165
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to the site! It's a wonderful place full of lots of resources and support. Very good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • MissesOfficer
    MissesOfficer Posts: 368
    Options
    You sound like me... just look @ my profile :) lol
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • mlatiolais
    mlatiolais Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • abartle
    abartle Posts: 11
    Options
    That sounds so familiar! Trust, you are not alone! This website is a great tool and inspiration...good luck and remember to have fun!

161592.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    Welcome! This site is full of "pretty faces" who will encourage and inspire you!
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Congrats on pursuing your Masters degree. You have what it takes to reach your goals. Professionally and personally. Good Luck and welcome to MFP!!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • cutesgrl
    cutesgrl Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the responses.
    I am incredibly inspired and loving every minute of it.
  • kido
    kido Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You can do it and when you do, don't put it back on. Just start a new chapter in your life with grad school, meeting new friends and losing your weight.:smile:
  • AllenMom4
    AllenMom4 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good luck to you! WElcome to the MFP Family :flowerforyou: