Dags! <----btw...its a word used in the south...haha. Or m

Options
Seems like its the same conversation with a different food every week. Why do people feel that they are entitled to judge my lifestyle choices? Frustrating, but I'm sure there is a reason for it. Definitely have to vent so I'm gonna do it here. I try to keep things upbeat and positive. This was todays conversation with the same coworker.

Her: What's that? (tone of slight disgust)

Me: Edamame

Her: What you are trying to eat healthy now?

Me: I have been for the past few months.

Her: Oh I haven't noticed.

Me: Really? You pretty much ask me every day what I'm eating. (last week was the almonds which she than declared as too expensive, the weeks before that was questioning the protein shakes, before that was that citrus is too acidic, then why am I not going to starbucks anymore, also why don't I want the baked goods/candy from patients or doctors during the holidays)

Her: Oh yeah...well I guess I didn't realize it...are you "feeling" better (insinuating that I haven't lost much weight) which I have, but I was wearing shapewear every single day so I don't think most people will notice. I danced a happy dance when I slipped on my jeans a couple of weeks ago WITHOUT shapewear. woohoo.

Me: Yep feeling better.

Replies

• christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I seriously btw...am not a person that complains a lot. Just frustrated, figured I'd vent, and move on. :) I know that in life difficult people are everywhere so I do take this as learning experience.
  • alofay
    alofay Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    All I hear is jealous jealous jealous.
  • hellokehtty
    Options
    I get that too from coworkers. They give me grief about things like yogurt and salads even though I thought things like that were pretty mainstream foods. Anything that is not a cheeseburger, basically, gets me a funny reaction from peeps. People don't like to see others be food conscious and successful at being healthy (sad, I know).

Just hang in there, you are the one who is gettin' hotter and healthier!
  • christinehetz80
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I'm definitely not gonna let her stop me in my tracks. She is naturally slim, eats cheeseburgers, pot roast with mashed potatos frequently, and is pretty old school. She has never had to struggle with weight loss so for her its an easy formula. She also doesnt exercise so she thinks that is kinda overrated. Hey more power to her...my husband is the same way...me not so much. I have to watch what I eat and I have to exercise. In the long run....I know I will be healthier, happier, and will be able to run circles around the people that "have it easy" haha. :)
  • Cindy68164
    Cindy68164 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Some dummies just are natural sabotours without realizing it. Freinds, family, co-workers, complete and utter STRANGERS! Being on a "diet" is like being pregnant....everyone thinks they can put thier two cents in and rub your tummy!

Ignore them....offer her your old clothes when they get too big for you....that'll shut her up!
  • eissak
    eissak Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    She may be naturally thin, but I'd wager that you are more fit (or well on the way, I see all the work outs you log!!) than she is and have more endurance. Some people worry about others too much. You enjoy your healthy food and weight loss!!
  • Cindy68164
    Cindy68164 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I'm definitely not gonna let her stop me in my tracks. She is naturally slim, eats cheeseburgers, pot roast with mashed potatos frequently, and is pretty old school. She has never had to struggle with weight loss so for her its an easy formula. She also doesnt exercise so she thinks that is kinda overrated. Hey more power to her...my husband is the same way...me not so much. I have to watch what I eat and I have to exercise. In the long run....I know I will be healthier, happier, and will be able to run circles around the people that "have it easy" haha. :)

She shouldn't be so naive...naturally skinny people aren't excluded from things like high cholestrol, heart disease, stroke, arthritis, high blood pressure, diebetes....etc...

Diet by defination is a lifestyle choice. Her diet is just different from ours, that's all.
  • christinehetz80
    Options
    Exactly! I actually have a pretty clean bill of health with my last doctor appointment where I had a full physical done before I started the lifestyle change of eating better for me foods and moving more. My skinny husband....is going in next week to get chastised for his high Cholesterol. He has been eater better lately, but hates "traditional" exercise.
  • chunkiedunker
    chunkiedunker Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I get the same thing from a few of the people i work with. the guy sitting next to me sees me having my snacks thru the day and lunches and what not. he makes comments all the time about your eating that? i have this. the guy next to me is a one upper person. everytime someone says something he one ups their story. well for the past two weeks ive been eating way better and excercising and all that. i noticed todays lunch consisted of an apple, banana, and a salad and then sits and tells me that he eats healthy all the time and that what im eating isn't healthy and that i need to eat more fruits and veggies.

lets see i had banana, nuts, almond milk and p.b protein shake this morning,

grapes and celery for mid morning snack,

lunch was chicken salad wrap with lettuce no cheese. and cole slaw.

dont tell me how you eat so much healthier then i do because yesterday you went to wendy's and "destroyed a triple" as you said it.

just keep your head up girl. your doing great. your not doing this to make that person happy. your doing it for yourself. you are already doing great. just take a deep breath and continue on to your success.
  • christinehetz80
    Options
    Thanks Chad!!!!!!!

It is so weird to me!!!! I don't get why people feel that we care about their opinion that much.

It seems to be relatively squashed for the time being..I think me pointing out to her that she has been asking every single week..kinda pushed her back a bit. I'm sure it will come up again, but no big deal...when I run past that 13.1 finish line in November...I'm gonna come back in and say "booyah in ya face"....hahah..not really just being silly!!!!!
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    My response...would have been...yea Im feeling great! Working out, eating well...btw are doing anything to fix that thing of yours?
    Her reply, what thing?
    My reply...that nasty*****itis...I think theres a cream for that xox
  • judynunes
    judynunes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Girl them type of people are just negative people and arent happy with themselves no matter how skinny they are, you keep your head up and keep doing what u are doing cuz no matter what people are going to talk. haterz are everywhere lol.. !
  • christinehetz80
    Options
    Girl them type of people are just negative people and arent happy with themselves no matter how skinny they are, you keep your head up and keep doing what u are doing cuz no matter what people are going to talk. haterz are everywhere lol.. !

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!! I try to surround myself with positive people, but hey life teaches ya that there will always be those that have "issues". :)
  • You are doing a great job, and don't let anyone with a snotty or bitter attitude spoil your feel-goods. :-)
  • christinehetz80
    Options
    Thank you!!!!!!!! Difficult people always sneak into life...I'm sure I just need to learn more how to deal with it. :)