Strange word on your screen called "search"

Options
2»

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    yay I won! be jealous all because I was first and said the magic words.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    It is January, there are a lot of new people who do not know how to use the site. To those of us on here for any amount of time this seems very obvious, but others may still be confused. And frankly the search feature isn't so wonderful as people can title their topic posts a bazillion different ways on the same subject.

My two cents, worth about a cent and a half.
    If the search function actually WORKED half the time, then there would not be this issue. But honestly, the search function sucks on this site and does not search well at all.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/help

Yes, thank you, but none of that really addresses the issues I brought up (i.e. multiple title listings, etc). But appreciate the link for the newbies.
  • livnlite
    livnlite Posts: 520
    Options
    On a forum like this, where people come together to talk and chitchat about any number of topics, It's not about JUST getting a straight answer. Most often people don't JUST want a simple answer to a simple question .. They want a discussion about it .. They don't want to review OLD discussions, they want to be involved in one .... Thus the theory for labeling sites like this a "discussion forum".

Another nice feature about these forums is the ability to scan through threads and decide for yourself if you want to join in. If you don't .. then move on to another thread. Hmmpf .. now come to think of it, I don't know whether or not this comment is my own, or I am just repeating something that I read here earlier. Sorry!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    yay I won! be jealous all because I was first and said the magic words.

Everyone on MFP is jealous of everyone. Oh, and we're all here to sabotage each other.
  • T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I have locked this topic as it going no where fast.

We actually encourage members to post questions that may have been answered elsewhere. Previous threads are an excellent informational resource. But interacting with other members in a new "live" thread is a part of the social experience that we hope keeps new members coming back to MyFitnessPal for more.

If you're not interested in participating in a repeated thread, feel free to move on without posting. Abrupt responses can be discouraging to new members, and we'd prefer to keep the experience in the forums as positive as possible.

T0M0
    MFP Moderator
This discussion has been closed.