Who WATCHED BL Season 13 Last night???

Options
Jade_Butterfly
Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
Hey. . I don't know about you, but after seeing the killer workouts they had to endure and only seeing some of them lose 3-4lbs. . I feel a lot better about when I have my low weeks.

And so many myths were dispelled last night. . People have to realize like Bob said. . Week one totally lots of WATER weight. . After that. . It is a lot harder. . Plus the fact that it is not JUST ABOUT calories in calories out. . It is about LEARNING a different LIFESTYLE and way of eating all together. .

I loved this show. .

Replies

• sassyshook
    sassyshook Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I love that show and it bumms me out that I dont get to watch it. My hubby can't stand all the crying on the show so he will not let me watch it.
  • benzzito
    Options
    I like the show too , but I think Bob is an *kitten*. I can't believe he was mad because the other trainer was using some if his workouts. After all , the goal is to help this guys lose weight , so if one of his techniques work , why get mad ? He should be happy... What a **** ....
  • ✰✰ajaks1229✰✰
    Options
    I watched and I agree. Sometimes when I am running I just want to stop and I think about the BL contestants who continuously push themselves.

This show always inspires me to do something great - and it is always a perfect segway for me to discuss with my young daughters (10 & 6) the importance of staying healthy and active.
  • ✰✰ajaks1229✰✰
    Options
    I like the show too , but I think Bob is an *kitten*. I can't believe he was mad because the other trainer was using some if his workouts. After all , the goal is to help this guys lose weight , so if one of his techniques work , why get mad ? He should be happy... What a **** ....

I agree. I was very upset with Bob last night. I asked my husband "since when are exercises trademarked?" I was disappointed when Bob said "The environment in the gym is toxic and we need to get out of here." The way I saw it was he was the only one being toxic. I say all of these things with a heavy heart because I usually really like him.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Did watch, and loved the fact that they did a little bit of extra "teaching" I suppose. If people were to watch this for more than just entertainment or the drama that usually develops, you can get a LOT of really good tips and instruction on being healthy. So, I give it a thumbs up!
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    I agree that Bob is an *kitten* and I think that show is a joke. Those trainers were disappointed that those people did not lose more than 4-6 lbs last week. They were openly disappointed. When that show first came on I saw it as an inspiration. What I saw last night will most likely guarantee that I don't watch it again.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Love this show. Did anyone else notice, when they were grocery shopping and the lady was talking about the frozen pizza? She said there were about 2000 calories in it and one the girls said "that's about 2 workouts with Bob." Really? You only burn 1000 calories a workout with Bob Harber? For your 4 - 6 hour workout? And being the size they are now, they would burn a lot more calories pretty quickly. I usually burn around 1000 in an hour and a half! I hope she was just mistaken...
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

I agree. I was very upset with Bob last night. I asked my husband "since when are exercises trademarked?" I was disappointed when Bob said "The environment in the gym is toxic and we need to get out of here." The way I saw it was he was the only one being toxic. I say all of these things with a heavy heart because I usually really like him.

It seemed like feigned anger to me. Just drama for the show.

And Dolvett..... :love: :love: I'll never miss it! :laugh:
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I watched some of it and turned it off, it was like a drama fest!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options

Yeah, I have a feeling this season is going to be annoying. Drama, drama, drama :grumble: ...just shut up and run. LOL
  • hjohns65
    hjohns65 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    can someone tell me how much the 19yr old kid lost, think he was one of the lst weigh ins on the black team, my bf made me shut tv off and go to sleep so i could get up and work out this morning, hehe!
  • Photoology
    Photoology Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I agree that Bob is an *kitten* and I think that show is a joke. Those trainers were disappointed that those people did not lose more than 4-6 lbs last week. They were openly disappointed. When that show first came on I saw it as an inspiration. What I saw last night will most likely guarantee that I don't watch it again.

not trying to defend the trainers, but if you are being watched as to what you are eating and working your tails off 24/7 basically and need numbers to keep the show alive so to say... I would be openly disappointed too... its a show... its supposed to inspire but its also meant to draw you in so the numbers are big enough to renew next year... sucks but its the business..
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I agree Bob was such a jerk last night. He doesn't own those exercises. They are used at alot of gyms. He really came off looking horrible. He is too cocky this season and part of last.

I do think Mike needed to go.
  • vickijank
    vickijank Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    can someone tell me how much the 19yr old kid lost, think he was one of the lst weigh ins on the black team, my bf made me shut tv off and go to sleep so i could get up and work out this morning, hehe!

He lost 8lbs. It was enough for Black to win the weigh-in.
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Chism lost 8lbs to clinch the win for his team.

I love Bob and was shocked by his attitude, but I do think it was just meant to add some drama to the show. I really love Dolvett and Bob as the trainers, so much eye candy, inspiration and knowledge, its awesome!

Last night's elimination was ANNOYING, i was like OMG quite whining, but I think that was for the drama to as Ally kind of walked them into the confrontation lol. Mike bothered me so I am glad he's gone, but am also glad he's keeping it up at home. He seems to have a lot of unhealthiness about him that goes beyond his weight. I don't think TBL was a good fit for him,.

I love this show. DVR it every week so I can watch it after my toddler is in bed and hubby is off playing video games. It is so motivational and I learn so much every week.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options

I love Bob, but I definitely did not understand why he was being so childish about Dolvett using similiar exercises. He should be flattered that he liked them enough to use them too. I don't like the dynamic between Dolvett and Bob. I think I like it much better when it was Jillian and Bob. They had such a great relationship and they worked together for the good of the group. Maybe they'll bring Jillian back mid season as a twist. one can hope.
  • Gemnildy
    Gemnildy Posts: 124 Member
    Options

I think he lost 8lbs! That one was inspiring.... and tell your BF that this is the part of the show that shows what all the hard work does.. you need that too! :flowerforyou:
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I think that Bob is just upset, and taking it out the wrong way, becuase he lost the first weigh in .... poor guy, lol.

I think it's great that the red team won - just proves that you don't have to be trained by Bob to succeed!

Have to agree, lot's of drama, thank goodness for PVR, just fast forward through the garbage parts, lol!
  • ✰✰ajaks1229✰✰
    Options

Yeah, I have a feeling this season is going to be annoying. Drama, drama, drama :grumble: ...just shut up and run. LOL

^^^^I said to my husband that I felt like it was an episode of The Bachelor. lol.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options

I wholeheartedly agree. . I thought are you freaking kidding me. . Geesh if the other "PROFESSIONAL" trainer used MY EXERCISES instead of his own. . I WOULD BE like RIGHT on! Not all bent out of shape about it. I was really hoping after that that Red was going to win the weigh in. . .