Wii Dance game

Options
Was thinking of getting the Wii dancing game one day - has anyone tried that and liked it? (or even not liked it?)

Already have Wii Fit Plus - can you guess how much I don't use it, lol.

katie

Replies

• nsnyeahh
    nsnyeahh Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have all the Just Dance games. They're all great & are an excellent cardio workout! They but A LOT of calories & the best part is, you're having fun dancing so you don't even realize you're burning so much while you're doing it. They're all good, just pick the one that has the songs you like the most on it(:
  • etface
    etface Posts: 9
    Options
    My family has the wii Just Dance II. I love using it. It is a way to get everyone in the family involved without their realizing that they are "exercising".
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I have Dance 1 and Dance 2, I love them, so much fun and you can challenge yourself to beat high scores.

Also great when you have a few friends around and doing the duets.
  • MellieR
    MellieR Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just Dance is fun. You can probably pick up version one or two at GameStop for less than buying new, if you're not sure.
  • mwhitefield
    mwhitefield Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    hey!
    I have just dance 1 2 & 3 and love dancing to them all! Like iv said before love doing things that don't seem so much like working out just more like having fun with the benefit of working out and this is just what that is. dance away the pounds!!
  • lavendergirll
    lavendergirll Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    love it! Have most of the games. It really gets the heart racing and a good sweat! I challenge my scores all the time! I have gone down one dress size since I started. I have the WII Fitness but I dont enjoy it as much as the dance games! Try it you will like it!
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Agreed on the Just Dance games! I have the first one and have played the 2nd and 3rd versions as well and they're so much fun. It's a pretty good workout if you get into it and if you have someone to play with, it's even more fun.
  • chelexx
    Options
    wii zubma is a good workout with dance in it ...i done the just dance before and its stop/start but with the zumba you put a belt around your waist so you are not holding the controller. it does make you sweat. xx:happy:
  • strawberry123187
    Options
    I do the wii just dance games with my aunt and if you really do all the movements it's a GREAT workout, you can really work up a sweat and burn a ton of calories but it's so much more fun than a normal workout and you can do it longer easier is what i've found because you won't get bored or focus on any negative part since you're actually having a good time :smile:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    The Just Dance games are great. You can definitely tell you're getting a calorie burn after a couple of songs.
  • CLI_2012
    Options
    I want Zumba 2 for Wii so bad! I doubt it's as good as the real deal, but more convenient for sure! I recently became addicted to Dance Dance Revolution with the mat for ps3...THAT can get your heart rate up!
  • michybelle
    michybelle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have heard great things from friends about the Just Dance games. I have Zumba Fitness 2 and man does it make me sweat. I don't think the calorie count is SUPER accurate, but I know I'm definitely getting a work out. I feel it in my abs, hips, thighs, and butt the next day for sure!
  • beanszim
    Options
    Hi have all three and they are the greatest of fun. Just Dance 3 makes you work up a sweat if you choose the really fast songs and my whole family get involved, so it doesnt feel like a workout. Well worth getting. xx:smile:
  • cherrycake26
    Options
    Just back from my daughters where we danced for 40 mins...Was great fun but I was sweating conkers Good stuff x
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    wii zubma is a good workout with dance in it ...i done the just dance before and its stop/start but with the zumba you put a belt around your waist so you are not holding the controller. it does make you sweat. xx:happy:
    i love the zumba 2 i feel like i am at a party when i dance with it
  • Bekzness
    Bekzness Posts: 122
    Options
    I have Just Dance 3... I really suck at dancing but this game is so funny so you really feel that you wanna throw yourself into the moves. I even drop to the ground and crawl about when the person on the screen does so at the end of the song... haha!

Every house party I went to over the festive season was playing this game, which I think speaks volumes about it.

I try to go on it every day as it has a get fit option in the 'Just Sweat' mode and you can choose to burn the equivalent of 3 options: Walking 30mins, Running 30mins or Running 1 hour. I run now and again for 30mins a time (round about 3miles) and can say that I feel just as worn out after the 'Running for 30min' Just Sweat Mode :)

I saw in my local CEX the earlier versions of this game, 1 & 2 for just £5 each, so well worth a look!!
  • blewbell
    blewbell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm a newbie but I do the 'Just Sweat - Walk Mode' and log the exercise as 'Walking 3mph - walking the dog'. I'm pretty sure I'm burning more calories than walking my dog and that's saying a lot - I have a Border Collie!
  • spettit78
    Options
    I'm addicted to Just Dance! My goal is to play for at least 30 minutes, but I usually end up doing it once in the morning while my son is at school, then again in the afternoon with him. You might try it out first. If there's a redbox nearby, you can rent games for $2. Better than going out to spend $30-50 on a game you might not like. I bet you'll love it though!
  • lissamok
    Options
    I have the Wii game, Michael Jackson: The Experience and I absolutely love it! Since it's all songs I grew up with, it is fun to sing along and try to imitate his dance moves (either on easy or medium, some songs offer only medium or hard, and Thriller offers only hard and inhuman). Compared to the other ones I sampled before I decided on this one, I think this game is the most challenging physically and the music is the best.
  • Tammi623
    Tammi623 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My sister just got the Black Eyed Peas Experience and she said it is NO JOKE as a work out and that it is really fun. I have the Jut Dance series and the Michael Jackson Experience and I really enjoy them. I am definitely going to my sister’s house tonight and seeing about that Black Eyed Peas Experience lol. :bigsmile: