Any Paleo Believers Out There?

Options
Anyone trying to do the Paleo diet? I am a crossfitter who is interested in getting started? Any athletes having success?

-Ashley
www.sickofbeingchub.com

Replies

• sactosteph
    sactosteph Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    HI - I'm also a Crossfitter. Not the firebreather type, but with some weight loss, maybe I could be convinced!

Mark's Daily Apple (google it) is a great resource. I'm on day one - got stalled by the holidays- of the 21 Day Transformation. The website is superb. And I'm hoping this site will help with tracking carbs.

Steph from Sacramento
  • SickofBeingChub
    Options
    I just went to a great Nutritional Seminar this weekend all about Paleo. It was very interesting. My gym is starting a Paleo CHallenge, Im really scared to start it. Its not a weight loss diet however i really need to drop some baggage!
  • Mondo_
    Mondo_ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My brother and Sil have been doing 100% Paleo for 6 months so far... He's lost over 8 stone and she's lost 4 plus... I am currently doing probably 80-20, I'm still struggling to completely cut out bread and crisps which are my weakness! I will get there one day. When I first started I did 100% and felt SO much better after only a few weeks, more energy, better mental thinking and no aches and pains in my ageing joints! Well worth it, I also read Mark's Daily Apple which is always full of ideas and useful information.

Good Luck!!
  • SickofBeingChub
    Options
    everyone is talkig about Marks Daily Apple... I am going to have to look this up right away!!
    Thank you! GOOD LUCK

Ashley
    (www.sickofbeingchub.com)
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I'm Primal (kinda like Paleo), Primal is what Mark's daily apple is all about. Also my favorite site! He has everything laid out so well, and so much information in there.

I lost alot of weight on it last year, I messed up and got off track, gained alot of weight back. But I've been back on it since the 1st, and plan to make it a lifestyle. I do about 80/20 also. If you are insulin resistant like me, this really works to keep your insulin stable and keep from storing fat.
  • tmaksparkie
    Options
    Check out paleoplan.com also I get lots of my recipes from their! I feel a lot better eating paleo although I do have the occasional dairy item.
  • SickofBeingChub
    Options
    I will definetly be checking out all the links!! KEEP THEM COMING!!

Did anyone else have issues with Kidney Stones? I also had some other stomach issues, i couldnt tell if it was a personal issue or a symptom of the diet?

Ashley
    (www.sickofbeingchub.com)
  • surviveditall
    Options
    I have tried/experented with many diets and this just seems simplistic and natural. I love being a cave girl. When people criticize, I just tell them it's healthier then what I was eating. And my thighs are saying thank you.

I am so grateful for finding this diet!
  • smallburger
    Options
    i am paleo! love it. will never go back.
  • SickofBeingChub
    Options
    Ya'll are making a beliver out of me!! Now if only i can convince my significant other to join in. Its alwasy so mcuh harder if he decides to have a sweet tooth!
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Lead by example, that's what I did! After they start seeing the changes in you, they will be curious!