Checking in with all my friends here

Options
Hello,
I haven't been on the posts much, and I have seriously fallen off the wagon this week. I got kind of a double whammy and I will be up in Seattle to be with one of my sisters for several days.
They say truth is stranger than fiction...here goes...I got a telephone call and my favourite little sister most likely has ovarian cancer. They do not know what stage, but she is going in for surgery tomorrow so I am going up to be with her. As I was notifying family members, I called my older sister. She is fourteen years older than I am, so there is quite an age difference. She practically raised me and my younger brother and sister. She informed me that her MS is out of remission and that she has cancer of the small intestine and has been given three months to live.
You know you go along, get up in the morning and go to work and suddenly one (or two) phone calls completely change life as you know it. I am still just trying to cope with the fact that I may lose my favourite little sister, and then I find out I may lose both of my sister's altogether. I don't even know how or what to feel...I just know that I can't fix this like I used to fix stuff for her, and I can't change what is. I have faith that God knows what He is doing. I know that He is good. What I don't understand is how I will deal with life after...
You guys have always been "there" for me when I've needed you for me. Thank you. If you have an extra prayer to spare for my two sisters, I would be forever grateful. I'll let you know how it all goes. In the meantime, you guys all hang in there, and remember that you are doing really good things for yourselves and all of us whose lives you touch.
Cowboy:brokenheart:

Replies

• Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I haven't been on the posts much, and I have seriously fallen off the wagon this week. I got kind of a double whammy and I will be up in Seattle to be with one of my sisters for several days.
    They say truth is stranger than fiction...here goes...I got a telephone call and my favourite little sister most likely has ovarian cancer. They do not know what stage, but she is going in for surgery tomorrow so I am going up to be with her. As I was notifying family members, I called my older sister. She is fourteen years older than I am, so there is quite an age difference. She practically raised me and my younger brother and sister. She informed me that her MS is out of remission and that she has cancer of the small intestine and has been given three months to live.
    You know you go along, get up in the morning and go to work and suddenly one (or two) phone calls completely change life as you know it. I am still just trying to cope with the fact that I may lose my favourite little sister, and then I find out I may lose both of my sister's altogether. I don't even know how or what to feel...I just know that I can't fix this like I used to fix stuff for her, and I can't change what is. I have faith that God knows what He is doing. I know that He is good. What I don't understand is how I will deal with life after...
    You guys have always been "there" for me when I've needed you for me. Thank you. If you have an extra prayer to spare for my two sisters, I would be forever grateful. I'll let you know how it all goes. In the meantime, you guys all hang in there, and remember that you are doing really good things for yourselves and all of us whose lives you touch.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Bless your heart Cowboy...I'm so sorry to hear about your sisters...you and your sisters will be in my thoughts and prayers...
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Cowboy...you and your family have my prayers. My thoughts will be with you and your sisters.
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You and yours are in my prayers. :flowerforyou:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Cowboy,
    I am so sorry what a hard blow this must be to you. I will be praying for both of your sisters and for you too. Please tell your older sister to try and get 2nd and third opinons because what one doctor might think is a block in the road another may be very optimistic about.
    -Heather-
  • grumpymoo
    grumpymoo Posts: 64
    Options
    Thinking of you.:heart:
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Cowboy,
    I am so sorry to hear that. You and your two sisters will definately be in my prayers.

Amanda :flowerforyou:
  • wooch44085
    wooch44085 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:4-7 NIV)

Cowboy, Take comfort in the closeness or God. Dont forget HE will never leave us or forsake us..He got me through my 19 year old granddaughter's struggle with cancer and ultamately her death just last year. I can truley tell you that their comes a peace when you know HIM personally. And God stills performs miracles! Prayers, Lolly
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    My thoughts are with you and yours at this time Cowboy....hang in there. :flowerforyou:

dd
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    My thoughts are with you and yours at this time Cowboy....hang in there. :flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:4-7 NIV)

Cowboy, Take comfort in the closeness or God. Dont forget HE will never leave us or forsake us..He got me through my 19 year old granddaughter's struggle with cancer and ultamately her death just last year. I can truley tell you that their comes a peace when you know HIM personally. And God stills performs miracles! Prayers, Lolly

I couldn't have said it any better. My prayers go out to you and your family, cowboy. Miracles, by the grace of God, happen every day. Reach out to Him in the face of your crisis.:flowerforyou:
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You are in our thoughts. Wishing you strength and hope in this time.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I will pray for you and your sisters. Cancer is a scary thing...I lost my mom to cervical cancer. May God bless and keep you and your family...and your MFP friends are here for you, just remember that!:cry::flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Praying that God is giving you the strength and the peace that only God gives.

Take care of your family.
    Take care of yourself.:flowerforyou:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    You have it Cowboy. I hope that things will be ok. Please don't hesitate to ask for anything.

My prayers are with you and your sisters. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    My thoughts and prayers are with you!
  • lesliemassage
    Options
    Best of luck to both you and your family. Please keep a positive outlook. In 1998 I was diagnosed with a very rare form of ovarian cancer. My doctor had only seen it in med school in a book and there wasn't thought to be a way to cure it. Well, it will be 10 years in April and I haven't had a set back in all that time.

There's always hope. Don't give up. Think positive.
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Keep your head up... :flowerforyou:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    :heart: You and your sisters and family are in my prayers:heart: