How do you make sure you drink enough water?

Options
I'd like to aim for the classic 64 oz daily, but I can't feasibly log in to MFP everytime I drink. Do you all have any other tricks for tracking your intake?

The actual drinking of the water is fine with me (I don't need Crystal Light or things like that), I just want to make sure that I'm getting enough.

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• mrsskinny629
    mrsskinny629 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    download an app for it, or use the mfp app and track it ...
  • leelaknight
    Options
    oh i bought this sportline bottle from kmart has 32 oz on it i count my fills i did 4 yesterday!!
  • KOrogue
    KOrogue Posts: 26
    Options
    Buy a 1 liter water bottle. Fill it up twice a day.
  • SabrinaAbney
    Options
    I have a 64oz cup I start with in the morining. and when it is gone I go to MFP and check off my water.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I have a 52oz "Bubba Keg" mug that I got from Walmart.... I drink three of these at the very minimum per day... When Im working, its very normal for me to be drinking as much as six refills...

My doctors LOVE BUBBA! LOL!!!
  • alexandria412
    alexandria412 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    oh i bought this sportline bottle from kmart has 32 oz on it i count my fills i did 4 yesterday!!

This is really good advice! Counting a larger bottle 2 or 3 times a day is easier than counting 8 8-oz cups. Perhaps I can buy two - one for the office and one for home.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I drink a glass of water in the morning, afternoon and night and then rely on my thirst and the color of my urine to drink more if needed. I haven't had a problem remembering what I drink but when I can't log something on here right away I use paper and pen to keep track--not a very sexy system I know but it really does work. lol
  • sherryd527
    sherryd527 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I learned this trick many years ago. Get a glass/bottle that you regularly drink from - let's say it's 12 ozs. If you want to drink 64 ozs of water a day, put 6 rubber bands around the glass/bottle. Each time you empty the glass/bottle, remove 1 rubber band. That way you always know where you are in your daily water consumption at a glance.
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I use a 16-oz bottle and try to refill it 3-4 times a day while at work, then I drink more at home out of one of those plastic fast-food soda cups. (I love using a cup once full of 32oz of sugary crap to a healthy end!!! LOL)

Every time I empty the bottle, I just log 2 cups. Easy peesy!
  • alexandria412
    alexandria412 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I learned this trick many years ago. Get a glass/bottle that you regularly drink from - let's say it's 12 ozs. If you want to drink 64 ozs of water a day, put 6 rubber bands around the glass/bottle. Each time you empty the glass/bottle, remove 1 rubber band. That way you always know where you are in your daily water consumption at a glance.

THANK YOU. This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for! I don't have a smartphone or home internet acces, so I need something old-school but less cumbersome than pen-and-paper.
  • Marwanyne
    Options
    just look at your arm veins at night before you sleep. if they are unusually popped out you're probably dehydrated
  • sherryd527
    sherryd527 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Your so welcome! I have a smart phone and internet access and I still use this. It's just so much easier.
  • th2much
    th2much Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have a water bottle that is for 24 oz and I finish it 2.5 times . I plan on finishing 2 bottles by lunch time and the rest in the even. When I log in after lunch time to track other foods, I enter for water.
  • geauxsaints1
    Options
    Monday - Friday, at work, I fill up a Brita system with 2 32oz cups of water every morning. I make sure I drink all of it every day. The weekend, I have a 32oz cup that sits out all day. I make sure I drink one full cup between breakfast and lunch and one full cup between lunch and dinner.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Tally marks on a post it note...at the end of the day, I move the post-it note to the back of my android phone (it stays there), then I click the water in while waiting for the heater to heat the car before I drive off the parking lot.

Sounds silly but it's working as well as my hourly appointments on my Outlook calendar for Water Consumption!
  • RubyDarling
    RubyDarling Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have a 40oz water bottle on my desk. And I drink two of them during the work day.

I also pee a lot at work :)
  • MeganMac17
    MeganMac17 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

I like this idea!
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I have a Thermos brand water bottle that has a turnable collar with numbers on it, I just turn it everytime I fill it, goes every I go. Makes it super easy to keep track and you have it staring you in the face if you are a bit slow on the emptying, lol. I found it in the sporting goods section at Fred Meyer but Amazon has them also.
  • Marebare74
    Options
    This thread has made me really thirsty!
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I have a 600ml bottle and drink around 3 to 4 of these each day.......