I'm not chubby anymore because I'm a Cave Girl!

Options
Yup, a few years ago I heard about the Paleo Diet. I have never been consistent with working out unless it's for a race. What I found out is if you follow Paleo or Primal diet...the weight falls off.

I am 5'8, 34 yrs old,I weighed over 200 lbs with my son. I am currently at 143 lbs and still shedding.

I still have weak moments...add me as a friend for motivation and support!

Susie

Replies

• SickofBeingChub
    Options
    This is fantastic... i have attempted the Paleo Lifestyle, but i failed miserably as I kept getting Kidney Stones from too much protein. I actually just went to a great seminar about the diet this weekend. it was really insightful. Do you have dairy?? I know people vary on opinion about Milk as a modern food.

Ashley
    (www.sickofbeingchub.com)
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    That's great. I stick to a low carb/paleo lifestyle now and had great success with Atkins years ago until I slid back into eating the Standard American Diet (SAD). The food for Paleo is way more satisfying than anything that most people eat, tons of flavor and I easily eat 10x the vegtables that I did when eating "normal".

To Aendlich, you may want to give it another shot, but realize that it's not meant to be a high protein diet, but a high fat diet. Start reading up at www.marksdailyapple.com and see if something inspires you. It's a site I visit every day for information and inspriation.
  • surviveditall
    Options
    Hi Ashley...I do have a diary. I rarely eat dairy except when I am out and it's on the occasional salad. I do eat beans on occasion. I love my coffee. What I noticed since I started tracking my food is I do need a calcium supplement. I also had kidney stone problems a long time ago. But I bet mine were from dehydration and too much sodium.

Anything new at the seminar?
  • SickofBeingChub
    Options
    you are all definetly turning me into a believer!!

A lot of the seminar was disussing how to get nutrients naturally rather then taking supplements.
    We also had a long debate about Raw milk and why its illegal in most states.