Running Away

Options
So let me first say, It's good to be back. For those who dont know anything about me, I was here for a about a week last time and lost my resolve rather quickly. Here's a rundown of what Ive learned here lately.
1. I have a crumbling self-image and self-worth. Ive always struggled with those two issues growing up.
2. i weigh about 20 lbs more than i did last time, which doesnt help to see your distance from your goal go up, instead of down.
2.Kinda offstopic, Ive struggled alot lately with who I am and why im here. Still working on those two.

Anywyas, for the last two days Ive dealt with a physical problem, that quite frankly, scares the hell out of me. Ive had this pain in my chest. Its not really a bad pain, just kinda dull. Only really hurts when i move my right arm a certain way. Im sure its not a heart attack , or why would it last so long? I think it may be the way im sleeping. But still, chest pain aint nothing to deal with. I think thats kinda galvanized my resolve here. Ive decided too, that this quest needs a song. Something that when I hear it it pushes me over the top. I was thinking Bon Jovi's "Blaze Of Glory". What do you all think? Any suggestions? Am I the only one who has a song like that? Anyways, when I 1rst signed up, I was planning on getting a membership to a gym, but my car's started having problems and its been downhill since, sucking up ALL of my remaining funds. I think for now its just me, my ipod, my 300+ pds, and an open road. Anyways, Im back and will be checking in alot. So leave me some love

Replies

• TheTimeIsNow
    Options
    So let me first say, It's good to be back. For those who dont know anything about me, I was here for a about a week last time and lost my resolve rather quickly. Here's a rundown of what Ive learned here lately.
    1. I have a crumbling self-image and self-worth. Ive always struggled with those two issues growing up.
    2. i weigh about 20 lbs more than i did last time, which doesnt help to see your distance from your goal go up, instead of down.
    2.Kinda offstopic, Ive struggled alot lately with who I am and why im here. Still working on those two.

Anywyas, for the last two days Ive dealt with a physical problem, that quite frankly, scares the hell out of me. Ive had this pain in my chest. Its not really a bad pain, just kinda dull. Only really hurts when i move my right arm a certain way. Im sure its not a heart attack , or why would it last so long? I think it may be the way im sleeping. But still, chest pain aint nothing to deal with. I think thats kinda galvanized my resolve here. Ive decided too, that this quest needs a song. Something that when I hear it it pushes me over the top. I was thinking Bon Jovi's "Blaze Of Glory". What do you all think? Any suggestions? Am I the only one who has a song like that? Anyways, when I 1rst signed up, I was planning on getting a membership to a gym, but my car's started having problems and its been downhill since, sucking up ALL of my remaining funds. I think for now its just me, my ipod, my 300+ pds, and an open road. Anyways, Im back and will be checking in alot. So leave me some love
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am glad you are back and in good spirits about this. Just remember every day is a new one and you can do this one day, one meal, and one minute at a time. Stick around this really works. I am not condoning not working out but I have been doing this by mostly changing my eating habits. (I also have 2 young kids I clean up after all day long) I am glad I got my eating habits in check and plan to add more intensive exercise to the mix soon. Good luck!!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Now get out there and run it bud
  • Catherinex
    Options
    welcome back^^. How much time do u spend on WOW? I used to play FFXI maybe 10 hrs daily.. For me I had to quit so I could focus on me and really think about where and what I want in life.
    Anyway hope to see u around alot more on here :)
    Good luck with the weight loss
  • RMUNTZ2
    RMUNTZ2 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome back .. the time is now.

I have been here for 6 weeks now. My MFP plan is to lose 1 pound/week.

I have lost 11 pounds so far. I eat all my calories and exercise calories.

Take it easy... slow progress is good progress.

All the best to you and all on this site because you are.
  • keepontrying74
    Options
    A few weeks ago I went to the ER because I had severe chest pain that ran down my arm. After some testing, they determined my heart is healthy as a horse, but I had injured myself somehow and strained my muscles. I felt really silly but I was glad I figured out what was wrong. Have you consulted a physician? I am not a medical professional, of course, but the fact that it hurts when you move your arm a certain way does sound like you damaged a muscle or something like that. I can identify with you though - after my ER visit my chest hurt for days, and my arm still hurts - it's hard to live life "normally" when you have a constant pain. ***When in doubt, consult a doctor!***

I can also identify with your struggle - I have been here just over a week and already I feel a little hopeless. I'm trying not to let despair creep in and tank my efforts.

I think if Blaze of Glory works for you than you should use it. :smile:
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Have you ever thought about LARPing? You could combine your love of WOW with physical activity:tongue:

Blaze of Glory is a kick *kitten* song!
  • TheTimeIsNow
    Options
    LARP????
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Hola! Welcome back! I don't know about anyone else here either, but I know I deal with the self-worth issue. Was in an abusive relationship for 3 years..thank God I got out. but...it still eats at you. Anyways...my new motto is, because I've been slacking lately, is that any activity is better than none. when I'm tired and lazy from a long day, I force myself to do something, even if it isn't the full amount. Anything is better than nothing. And..at your school, maybe they have a gym! I forget where you said you were going..but, the school I went to, didn't have that many people in it when I was there..which was good because I HATE working out in front of people.

But..good luck. we're all here for you!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Nice to see you back.. I know it is a struggle to become happy with yourself, I struggle with that myself. But you are worth your time and effort. Taking the first step in bettering yourself. You can do this and we are all here for you. None of us are alone in learning to love ourselves.

:flowerforyou:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Didn't know what ??LARPING?? Was so I had to look it up to see if it was a misspell or what. Its not lol.
    L.A.R.P.=Live action role playing.
    Makes sense now.
  • tekrueger
    tekrueger Posts: 85
    Options
    I can relate, let me tell you I can!
    When you feel you aren't worthy and see yourself and your world in a bad way it's hard to be positive and do those things which we know we should do but haven't been able to do as of yet.
    I admire you in that you came on back. Give yourself credit for this. It is a great step forward.
    Today can be a better day than yesterday, we can start.
    When I was 18 I was over 260 lbs so I been there. My weight creeped down and then creeped back up to 240 when I started - slowly - to make changes. Now I'm down to 195. If I could do it YOU CAN DO IT!
    I haven't been able to resolve even half my problems but we GOT TO get our weight down so that we don't add problems on problems.
    Being overweight seems to KILL my self-worth and confidence and now that I'm taking care of the one only now am I able to start thinking about the important underlying stuff.
    Just remember you are worthy and you deserve to be able to feel good about yourself.
    Thomas
    PS: about the gym; ok, you've got money problems. Start walking. If you don't have them, get yourself a pair of shoes that are right for your feet and provide good cushioning and start walking. I didn't want to walk around where other people were so I went where there weren't many people so I wasn't self conscience. If you can get yourself started, you'll feel better about yourself real fast and burn fat day by day :smile: