Just Curious

Options
So -- as someone that has "A LOT" of weight to loose, I have always knows that I have a tendency to hide in my clothes. I buy them as big as I can get them (don't ask me psychology behind this mentality -- I couldn't say) and I have found I am having a hard time giving them up. After loosing 94 lbs, I have had a lot of friends nicely tell me that I REALLY NEED TO GO SHOPPING!!!! And in their defense -- they are right. When you have to keep one hand on your pants at all times or they fall off while you are walking, it is probably time to get new clothes. But I just feel so strange in pants that fit. I feel like people can see my body (as if loosing your pants in public wouldn't draw a little more attention!) and I am uncomfortable with that.

When I started this process my pants were actually on the boarder of 34W and 36W. I made myself finally go shopping for lunch and the two new pair of pants that I bought are actually a size 24W. (And I wonder why my other ones were falling off and people were commenting.) Am I the only one that feels like this? Maybe I just need some mental health -- but I wanted to see if I was the only one that did this!

Replies

• ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    it takes work to feel comfortable in your own body.. you should go get all those new clothes and help yourself feel good abt you!
  • LuLuSUPER
    LuLuSUPER Posts: 189
    Options
    In time you will feel more comfortable in your new body. Maybe you haven't gotten that compliment from the right person because one day it will "click" and you will want to go shopping. Spending hours trying on different outfits to see how you will rock you now!
    My trick is to get clothing that has a blend of fabrics with spandex. Np the "biker shorts" but most of them have the "bend" i need for hips and thighs to be comfortable. Try a nice dress with a fabric blend and see how it makes you feel. Good luck
  • KDWS
    KDWS Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend was the same way...she could wear a 12 but would wear a 16. She had lost alot of weight and really struggled with getting new clothes. I think for a couple of reasons she couls not get her head around the fact that she was smaller..she found comfort in the larger clothes..and of cource what if she gained it back...she finally bought a pair of 12s and got so many compliments I think she finally realised hey I am a size 12! my sister did a program and the first thing they talked about was to beleive in yourself and your commttment and one of the ways to show that is to get rid of all the clothes that do not fit...it really clicked with my ssiter and she has yet to gain weight back..for my friend
  • gj4man
    gj4man Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You'll look better in clothes that fit properly. All that extra fabric just adds bulk.

94 lbs is a hell of an achievement - treat yourself to a shopping trip! If you're really not sure what you want you can get personal shopping at most department stores. They get paid to find you nice clothes that you want to buy, so you should find something nice :smile:
  • ruggedBear
    Options
    An inexpensive way to really 'feel' your progress is to go shopping each time your pants feel a little loose. I go to my favorite outlet store where I can usuallly find a pair of jeans for $10 (retail prices are around $80 - so I always feel good about that bargain!)

I buy the next size down, and at first only wear them with something that covers the muffin top, but eventually they fit perfectly and I wear them until they get too loose after wearing them all day (you know how jeans stretch out :smile: ). Then I go back and get another pair the next size down. I've done this through 4 sizes now and you really notice it when they start to get loose!

One more rule of thumb - NEVER buy jeans with stretch in them! I find it sabotages my efforts since I "think" I'm smaller than I actually am!

11894292.png
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!