best work out songs

Options
hey all i just joined a gym and really want to give this all i got now does anyone have any work out songs to recommend? im big into country but i find it doesn't have the best beat to get me pumped, n e suggestions?

Replies

• CassPerkins
    Options
    Honestly, I listen to techno/dance. It is upbeat and the beat is something I try to match my pace with. The beat doesn't change so I am able to keep a good heart rate with it.
  • stephaniep12345mfp
    stephaniep12345mfp Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I agree. My iPod is full of dance/trance songs like Dash Berlin and Armin van Buuren just to name a couple. It's got a great, strong beat that keeps me going.
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Just about any AC/DC
  • turkishmelly
    turkishmelly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have pandora and have this radio station called techno cardio and it rocks!! It keeps me going!!
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Definitely dance/techno/house/electronic and Top 40 for me. Anything with a good beat (130 bpm+) is awesome for working out. Pandora is a great place to start!
  • albuslux
    Options
    My Favs to push out the last laps.
    Sly and the Family Stone, "I want to take you higher"
    Black Eyed Peas, 'Pump It'
    Disturbed, "Down with the Sickness"
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Carry Out-some rapper and Justin Timberlake
    Moves Like Jagger-Maroon 5
    Single Ladies-Beyonce
    Girlfriend-Avril Levigne
    Love in an Elevator-Aerosmith
    Get me Bodied-Beyonce
    Tik Tok-Ke$ha

I basically listen to music like I'm a 15 year old girl when I'm working out. I lip sync the lyrics and make up little dances in my head to pass the time on the treadmill.
  • jafy23
    jafy23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone i will download and put on my ipod. the music i was listening too doesn't keep me going as much as i want it to.
  • neddoh
    neddoh Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    There are TONS of work-out tagged playlists on 8tracks.com to help give you some ideas :)