what should i season my chicken with?

Options
have chicken thawing for dinner tonight. anyone have a healthy way to season it? wanna try something different..

Replies

• ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    dried lemon pepper
  • mandytess
    Options
    I don't know what you normally use but I just love to add just some garlic salt and fresh squeezed lime juice!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    How are you cooking it? Try some fresh herbs, or smoked paprika. Or garlic, of course.
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Close your eyes, open your fridge and grab 3 things. Ta-da!
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Pick a spice theme - I like italian (ie basil, lemon, thyme, olive oil, cheese)

Coat it and make a baked chicken breast with a panko crust

Stuff it with cheese or pesto

My stand-by is usually oregano, basil, lemon juice, olive oil - coat and bake until done, then serve with pasta and tomato sauce
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    Options
    My favorite, it's quick, low calorie, and I usually have it on hand. I add taco seasoning on both sides, and then salsa on top. I also have a citrus seasoning that I adore, I sprinkle with that, and then when it's done squeeze fresh orange juice on it. YUUMMM
  • Osulindsay21
    Osulindsay21 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I second the taco seasoning. I sprinkle with low sodium taco seasoning, bake for 30 minutes at 350 then top with some salsa and a dab of fat free or reduced fat sour cream.
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    I second the taco seasoning. I sprinkle with low sodium taco seasoning, bake for 30 minutes at 350 then top with some salsa and a dab of fat free or reduced fat sour cream.

I triple the taco seasoning....:love:

Well I dont really triple it.....you know what I mean. Right!?:noway:
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I made some the other night that I marinated in vodka and orange juice - Screwdriver Chicken. It was pretty good.

I usually use either lemon pepper and garlic, Cavender's Greek Seasoning, or Tony Chachere if I'm not concocting my own seasoning mix.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I think it would depend on what you are serving with it. Some options are salsa (if using store bought be aware of the sodium content), Mrs. Dash or other salt free seasoning mixes, mushroom sauce, marinara, cajun seasoning, teriyaki, Italian salad dressing. Chicken is very versatile.
  • cassiejo84
    cassiejo84 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm trying this recipe tonight:
    What You Need
    1/2 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
    1 env. GOOD SEASONS Italian Dressing Mix
    1/2 tsp. garlic powder
    6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 lb.)
    Make It!
    Mix cheese, dressing mix and garlic powder.
    Moisten chicken with water; coat with cheese mixture. Place in single layer in shallow baking dish.
    Bake 20 to 25 min. or until chicken is done (165°F).

Nutritional Information
    PER SERVING
    Calories 180
    Total fat 6g
    Saturated fat 2.5g
    Cholesterol 75mg
    Sodium 670mg
    Carbohydrate 2g
    Dietary fiber 0g
    Sugars 1g
    Protein 29g
    Vitamin A 2%DV