(VSG) Verticle Gastric Sleeve - Any Sleevers out there?

Options
13»

Replies

• sdjunker
    Options
    Hey! I was sleeved on 12/14. I haven't stalled yet, but it will come. I'm active on www.obesityhelp.com. They have a VSG forum with lots of advice. Everyone says just to stick with it and the weight will come off! Good luck.
  • TraciLee36
    TraciLee36 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I had the sleeve done on 12/28/11 I had my first weigh in today and I am down 14lbs wow can not believe it.
  • starbucks_5
    starbucks_5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    delete.
  • AbacoRaveness
    Options
    Hi all,

I was initially scheduled to have my sleeve on 11/29/11, but it had to be postponed due to the emergence of a thyroid problem. Because of that little interruption I kind of fell off the food tracking wagon for awhile. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things now.

I'm now schedule for surgery on 1/31/12 and I'm really excited but also kind of nervous.

I started my all liquid diet today - my center requires a week of only liquids prior to surgery to shink the liver, there are other protocols but this is the one they use. So far so good ;-)

I'm interested to hear about immediate post-op experiences. How fatigued were you? How painful? How long were you out of work? One of the biggest reasons I'm doing this is so that I can start doing the activities that I've always wanted to do, but never could because I was too heavy. I'm hoping I don't have to spend several months being tired and weak before I can get started :D
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to hear about immediate post-op experiences. How fatigued were you? How painful? How long were you out of work? One of the biggest reasons I'm doing this is so that I can start doing the activities that I've always wanted to do, but never could because I was too heavy. I'm hoping I don't have to spend several months being tired and weak before I can get started :D

I was in the hospital for a week with complications. Once out, I was on bed rest another week - drinking clear liquids. I didnt have enough energy to walk to the kitchen. It was sucky. I cried a lot!! By my third week I was on mushy soups / yogurt etc and was feeling better. Pain from the incisions was pretty bad but I had pain meds. I went back to work on my 4th week - I have a desk job - and it was ok. I was tired after lunch. I had to learn to bring protein shakes with me and sip all day long. I had to learn to not go to lunch with co-workers bc they didnt / couldnt understand my eating plan. Fast fwd: 6 months out and I am so happy. I have to track every thing that I eat / drink AND it really helps. You need to get into a good exercise routine as soon as you feel up to it. And stick with it. It will help> I promise. Everyone hits stalls and you will need to break them.

You will do great. Just begin to prepare your mindset for the changes.
    Keep us updated!
    :)
  • Msdj1014
    Msdj1014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,I was just curious... I've been hungry a lot lately and I Really need to get back on track! What protein drinks do you drink that are yummy and keep you full? Thanks! !
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Hi,I was just curious... I've been hungry a lot lately and I Really need to get back on track! What protein drinks do you drink that are yummy and keep you full? Thanks! !

I drink all kinds ... my favs:

Atkins Ready to drink shakes (mocha latte, caramel, and vanilla)
    Syntrax Nectars (all flavors, they mix super easy - no blender or special shaker needed)
    Bariatric Advantage (chocolate - not my fav but I can add SF syrup to make it better)

I also put Special K protein packets in my water (strawberry-kiwi) Yum.
  • Michele_T
    Michele_T Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi Everybody,
    I finally found you! I am beginning the Options classes through Kaiser April 19th and surgery should be late July.I started this journey a over a year ago and was sidelined by breast cancer. Cancer free now and also 30lbs heavier from chemo and steroids. I'm so ready for this! I began my pre-surgery food plan already, 1200 calories a day. The nurse wants me down 35lbs by surgery, I can do that, I'm always able to lose 30-35lbs and that's about the time I fall off the wagon and gain it back and then some. This site is really helping me to become aware of what I put in my mouth. I was shocked the day I logged in 1 cupcake and found out it was 250 calories! I know the sleeve is just a tool but I strongly feel that between that, this site, and the classes I'll be taking I'm already on my way to a new life.
    I'd love to have other sleevers for support. Feel free to add me.
    Michele
  • lorilynne5
    lorilynne5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I was sleeved 10/19/11 and am so grateful for my sleeve! Would love to have more accountability as I do use this site daily. Please add me if you too would like some more accountability!! :)
  • MeganRayeRob
    MeganRayeRob Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had my sleeve 7/14/11!
  • rmillyard
    Options
    Sleeve on 03/01/12
  • halisme
    halisme Posts: 6
    Options
    I had mine 12/28/2011
  • Libb3C
    Libb3C Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    8/8/11 here!
  • tippy2us
    tippy2us Posts: 2
    Options
    Had mine done June 27 2010. Hoped to be done by now but still have 34 pounds to lose. I was getting frustrated but I'm over it now. I am SO happy with my loss and my improved health, stamina, looks, everythiing! Only problem is I now have a problem with acid so I have to be very careful. Welcome!
  • my_year2011
    my_year2011 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    7/14/11 I have 5 pounds to meet my first goal of 140, anything after that will be icing on the cake! MY SLEEVE ROCKS!!!!!
  • tmlrn61
    tmlrn61 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there , I'm working toward my sleeve . I would love to know about your successes and roadblocks so I know what to anticipate and can deal with it . It sounds like your doing fantastic ! Hope to hear from you soon.
  • tmlrn61
    Options
    WOW !!!!! Your doing so great . I'm working toward my sleeve and am looking for motivation , tips and tools and hope MFP helps me. Hope to hear from you soon. I'm a happliy married wife with 3 grown children and a Pt working RN .
  • tmlrn61
    Options
    Hope your doing well. I'm working toward my sleeve and would love to get any motivation,tips and roadblocks to hear about so I can prepare for it all. I'm married with 3 grown children and a working PT RN. Hope to hear from you soon.I cant wait to hear about your journey ...
  • krisbollig
    Options
    hi all just out of surgery 5 weeks today my preop weight was 200 pounds the day of surgery but jumped to 208 after the surgery at my one week checkup i weighed 199 which I thought was good but now 5 weeks out I am down to 185 is this ok weight lose or am i worring to much
  • calvinm34
    Options
    I'm 6wks out from surgery and have lost a total of 67lbs. I've had some complications like not eating because of a blockage in my stomach. But I've started eating and now I feel ok. Has anyone tried the Atkins meals. Are they something that I should be eating? I figured that they would be ok because they're low in carbs and have decent amount of protein. Any thoughts?