Looking for vegetarian/vegan friends!

Options
Any other vegetarians or vegans here? I'm a long time vegetarian who has dabbled in being vegan several times. I made the commitment to go 100% vegan on New Year's - I'd love to have some like-minded friends so I can get ideas from your food diaries, etc.

(I also started an Introduce Yourself thread about being here as a New Year's Resolution but nobody commented! Trying again.)

Replies

• beezbee
    beezbee Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I like your description of dabbling in veganism - I very much relate. Congrats on going 100% Feel free to add me, my diary is visible to my friends, and I welcome suggestions.
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your commitment! Request sent.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    i've been vegetarian for 9 years so i feel you there! add sent!
  • caitles14
    Options
    I quit meat cold turkey--no pun intended ;)--in August and love it! Although I eat fish occasionally so I guess I qualify as a pescatarian. I'm always open to new vegetarian recipes--add me if you'd like :)
  • firedragonjlc
    firedragonjlc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Request sent. I've been vegetarian for 10 years, and been leaning toward vegan for the last 4 years. My diary is public. look forward to exchanging ideas
  • caitylynn62
    caitylynn62 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian since november! Love it!
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian 95% of the time! :) I'll add you!
  • SanCan2602
    SanCan2602 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am a half vegetarian since January 1, 2012. I still eat fish every now and then. Feel free to add me. :-))
  • macmomof4
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for 9 years now! It would be great to meet some others!
  • Kymmy81
    Kymmy81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for just over a year and I love it. I am always on the lookout for food ideas and my diary is open to my friends :smile:
  • pindie
    pindie Posts: 3
    Options
    Did you not see my post? lol.
    On and Off Vegetarian for years, but recently turned Vegan. Add me!
  • AnnaMaus
    AnnaMaus Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan, but I'm kind of a smartass, so add me if you want to see a diary full of great food (that's cheap too, cos we're broke), and learn funny **** about mean people.
  • beckyyoungers
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Lots of new friends now. :)
  • bilzprincess
    bilzprincess Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    vegetarian for 23 years, and went vegan this past july (after several different tries over the years). an acquaintance told me new year's resolutions stick if u get some practice first--so i've been PRACTICING since july, then for new year's cleaned out the closet of all animal-related-wear (wool, silk, leather, etc). nothing like putting my outfits where my mouth is to really sharpen my focus. this time is easier. i'm IN. happy to share recipes, and no, the weight doesn't fall off just because i became vegan. portions matter always. i originally had my GW set for 135. now that i'm getting in that range i realize i may actually be able to get to 125. i'm committed. not perfect. committed and still human. still want portions of vegan food i should cut in half. and sometimes i don't halve them. smile. good luck.
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan, 2 years. I have sent you a friend request.
  • yestowellness
    yestowellness Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Just went vegetarian this year. A lot of my meals are vegan. I love it! Feel free to add me.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I still eat fish on occasion but would like to know what your eating, need to up my protein. Please add me to your friends list
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am the same. A guilty vegetarian is perhaps the best way to describe it.

That is, I feel guilty for being too selfish to give up dairy. But I make sure my milk is organic and locally produced, and only buy eggs from farms I know personally and approve of.
  • seraieis
    seraieis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a mostly vegetarian who occasionally throws a steak on his plate. I ate a vegan diet for a year and had never felt better, but then moved in with my fiance, who would eat steak and eggs at every meal. Needless to say, it's been hard to do it since. Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • rinalyn
    rinalyn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian since I was in junior high (I'm 27 now). I went vegan in 2009.