So, what now?

Options
Hello! My name is Mariah. I am going back to the gym tonight and here is the thing,,,

I am clueless on what to do! I hit the treadmill for 30 or 40 minutes but then find myself wondering around, not sure on what to do next!

Any tips?

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• whitneysaenz
    whitneysaenz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you should really try to incorporate strength training into your work out routine. It is great for fat loss!. This will save you tons of trouble down the road... if you're only doing cardio you're losing lean body mass/muscle and burning fat. Including strength training will have you building and burning at the same time!!

Try googling a beginner strength training routine for women. I found a lot of help on muscle&strength.com.

Have you ever set up an assessment with a trainer at the gym? A lot of them will offer one free session and can maybe give you some ideas!
  • mariahp23
    Options
    Great advice :) thanks
  • ish4krys
    ish4krys Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Do you have any classes at your gym? Body Pump is a great one for beginner's strength training.
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you should really try to incorporate strength training into your work out routine. It is great for fat loss!. This will save you tons of trouble down the road... if you're only doing cardio you're losing lean body mass/muscle and burning fat. Including strength training will have you building and burning at the same time!!

Try googling a beginner strength training routine for women. I found a lot of help on muscle&strength.com.

Have you ever set up an assessment with a trainer at the gym? A lot of them will offer one free session and can maybe give you some ideas!

Some great lifting programs are:
    Starting Strength (mark rippetoe)
    New Rules To Weight Lifting (or something like that)
    5x5
  • duchess_natas
    duchess_natas Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Talk to someone at your gym. Sometimes with your membership, you get one free personal trainer session. VERY beneficial as it can help you target what you want to do and they can show you how to correctly do the movements. Never hurts to ask.
  • itsanot
    itsanot Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I asked a personal trainer at the gym and she set me up on a routine to incorporate cardio and strength training. I hurt right now but I know it will be worth it in the end! I start out on an elliptical machine for 20 minutes, alternate upper and lower body strength training and end doing 10-20 minutes on the treadmill. Hope that helps!