Starting insanity

Options
So today marked my official start of insanity. I did jillian micheals ripped in 30 6months ago and lost a bunch of weight and then fell hard off the fitness wagon due to picking up a second job. Well now my schedule has changed so I decided it is back to being fit. I started today by doing the fitness test and OMG! I puked afterward. If this is any indication on what is to come I do not think I have any choice but to lose weight. Anyone else puke after the fitness test? does anyone want to post results from the fitness test? Here are mine

Switch kicks 105
Power Jacks 40
Power knees 80
Power Jumps 26
Globe jumps 3 1/2 (totally sucked for me)
suicide jumps 14
plank jacks 15
Obliques 24

Replies

• JodaNord
    JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I started Monday and felt like puking! I pushed as hard as I possibly could without fainting. And that is one wicked fit test. Yesterday i did the cardio circuit and it kicks butt again, but wasn't as bad as the fit test cause i know when to go a little slower so i don't end up sick... i don't have my stats right in front of me, but i will post them once i get home and copy it out. We can compare notes as we go! I am also jogging 3-4 times a week, and so will skip a couple days a week with the insanity so i can still run and train for a half marathon in may...
  • BodyUnderConstruction
    Options
    I love this program! But be careful. Do it on a good surface because I messed up my knee doing it on concrete.
  • porksiopao
    porksiopao Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a great program, very tough but certainly doable! I almost passed out doing the fit test, I could only do the first few exercises. The first week was really, really difficult as I've never encountered this level of cardio. I do guarantee that it gets better after that, and you will feel and see the improvements as you go through the program as evidenced in the succeeding fit tests. I did two rounds of the 60-day program, and now I'm just doing the Max videos regularly. You'll be amazed at yourself when after month 2 you'll look back and say to yourself that month 1 was a piece of cake =)

I really despise power jumps though =)

Good luck, keep us posted on your progress!
  • JodaNord
    Options
    I started Monday and felt like puking! I pushed as hard as I possibly could without fainting. And that is one wicked fit test. Yesterday i did the cardio circuit and it kicks butt again, but wasn't as bad as the fit test cause i know when to go a little slower so i don't end up sick... i don't have my stats right in front of me, but i will post them once i get home and copy it out. We can compare notes as we go! I am also jogging 3-4 times a week, and so will skip a couple days a week with the insanity so i can still run and train for a half marathon in may...
    55 switch kicks
    60 squat jacks
    93 power knees
    33 power jumps
    8 globe jumps
    10 suicide jumps
    10 pushup jacks
    50 low plank obliques
  • liveletl0ve
    Options
    Im proud so i gta share! 3rd time

1. 103
    2. 61
    3. 107
    4. 54
    5. 13
    6. 13
    7. 32
    8. 83
  • verannab
    verannab Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just started insanity on Sunday... I don't have my results on hand, but I SUCKED. I just had my son 2 months ago and am ready to get back into shape... I can't believe I started with this!
  • ridgellmomof3
    ridgellmomof3 Posts: 83 Member
    Options

I am training for a mud run that is 4.5 miles in march. I have been playing with the idea of running certain days and not doing insanity, I don't know if I could run after doing plyo. I still deciding...I guess this next few days with tell...Good luck to everyone, and we should keep track with each other to motivate...Lord knows I need motivation. I have three small children and a stressful job...there are days when all I want to do is crash...
  • JodaNord
    Options
    So i ran 3.1 miles yesterday, and was fine to do that, Insanity made other muscles in my legs sore, but once i was jogging, they didn't hurt. Today i am feeling them, but thats the way its gonna go.

So quick question, whats the schedule to follow for Insanity? A friend just lent me the fit test disc and the Plyo cardio disc. Do i need to have all of them to follow the program on my non running days or can i just use these two discs for a bit?

I need motivation too, this workout is HARD and the muscle pain i am not a fan of.
  • ridgellmomof3
    ridgellmomof3 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    you can download the insanity schedule it goes pylo.cardio, then cardio power resistance, then recovery, then pure cardio and then it starts back, for the first month. I feel like my legs are dead right now, I am not sure I could go run after the plyo...I am thinking about running tomorrow after the cardio if I am not too dead we shall see