Anyone loosing more then they should?

Options
I am following the guide spot on and only put that I want to loose "1 pound" per week but I lost 3-4 pounds the first week. Does this mean that I have my calories set wrong...I would NOT mind eating more LOL:tongue:

Replies

• kridleoo7
    Options
    I think it's just you losing your water weight...I was wondering the same thing until someone rained on my parade. :grumble:
  • toffee322
    toffee322 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    you are so lucky!!! i wish i was like that too!! i set my goal just 1/2 lb a week so i dont get too much pressure! maybe your metabolism is higher than normal people so you are losing more with the recommended calories. maybe reduce your exercise a bit?!
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    (Toffee) But I havent been working out except running like twice a week but I have mad energy. (Kridleoo) Your right, its probably water weight. When did the pounds stop coming off so fast for you?
  • ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    In my experience, whenever starting a new weight loss plan, the first week shows the most results. Once I even lost 8 pounds the first week, but after that the loss slows down to 1 or 2 per week. I think it's normal.
  • Gshields42
    Options
    First week or two it is normal to lose a large amount of weight. It is mostly water weight. No reason to panic or celebrate. Things will normalize quickly enough.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I am following the guide spot on and only put that I want to loose "1 pound" per week but I lost 3-4 pounds the first week. Does this mean that I have my calories set wrong...I would NOT mind eating more LOL:tongue:
    The first week is often a larger loss than normal, the second week may not be too disappointing either for some people. By the third week it should settle down to one or two pounds per weeks, sometimes less than one pound.
  • khua0808
    Options
    Everyone is raining on OP's parade.. but its true that it's mostly water weight
  • kaeroo
    kaeroo Posts: 5
    Options
    i just ended my first week and i've lost 7 lbs so far! i was expecting 1...maybe 2!?! Definitely not 7!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I've lost 6lbs a week for my first 2 weeks which is considered waaaay too much, but that's pretty typical for me at the start and I think it's water weight. I expect to have lost about 3lbs more next week and then it should settle down into a steady 1lb a week loss. If I'm still losing more than 2lbs a week after month one I guess it means I need to adjust all my goals and settings.
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone...this is my first "diet" well I dont really want to call it that...a diet before a life style change LOL but hey water weight is weight and bulge so ILL TAKE IT LOL Goodluck to everyone!