strength training?

Options
How do I add strength training I've done to my exercise log?

Replies

• Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    For an estimation of calories burned for it, go under cardio and look up "Strength training." You can also add specific exercises to the strength training section but it won't add any calories.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If you want credit for the calories burned, you have to look for strength training in the cardio section. Just be aware it's only an estimate.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/help/faq/91-doesn-t-strength-training-burn-calories-why-don-t-you-show-any-calories-burned-for-strength-training
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    It's strength training under cardio. Just letting you know, the estimates aren't that great. I suggest getting a heart rate monitor.
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I wear my HRM and enter it under cardio...
  • shaeni1221
    Options
    thank you!

can somebody explain to me how the heart rate monitor works? Same as what is on the treadmill? I have noticed calories burned on my treadmill are a lot more then what it says on here for walking
  • MHunte
    MHunte Posts: 149
    Options
    It's strength training under cardio. Just letting you know, the estimates aren't that great. I suggest getting a heart rate monitor.

Yeah you need a HRM for sure if you want to log strength training, there are HRM that are for just that. what i do is put in the total time i spent doing cardio and strength then add the calories burnt from the TM and strength together for a grand total and just list it under cardio...
  • MHunte
    MHunte Posts: 149
    Options
    there are all kinds of HRM, the best ones are the ones that come with a strap that goes around your chest, but you got to read, go on google and check some of them out or go to your local sport store and ask questions...
  • sbrouillet
    sbrouillet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    An HRM at least most have a chest strap that measures your heart rate. Once you buy one you enter info into it like age weight m/f etc. This information combined with your heart rate will calculate your calories burned. It's pretty cool.