Confused.com

Options
Hi,

I'm confused.... how can it take weeks (months even) to loose weight, but I can put as much as 5 lbs on in a couple of days of not watching what I eat!!! :explode:

I have been being good since Christmas and lost circa 10 lbs, however, the past couple of weeks I have really slipt!! I did a 10k run a week ago, and someone informed me not to diet while doing my training, and obviously me being me, I have taken full advantage of this 'no diet rule', so although I have been doing much more exercise than usual, I have put on about 5lbs, which is so frustrating!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

So am back here again, to this great website!! Hoping to get things back on track!! Got month an half before I head to Ibiza for a hen do, so that is now my motivations!!! :smokin:

Jo

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Well lets see........here are my weights or the week. Now grant you, I have not done cardio due to an injury, but I have continued with strenght training and eating well.

m137.5
    t 137
    w140
    th139
    f138
    s141
    sun 137
    m 138
    t 140

SO how much do I weigh? I really dont care. I wrote the 137.5 and keep it there until it is 136. I am still a size 8, feeling good, feeling healthy, off my meds and I am 10 yrs younger.

Your weight fluctuates each day according to bowel movement, water retention from too much sodium or your period, time of day......
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    \
    Your weight fluctuates each day according to bowel movement, water retention from too much sodium or your period, time of day......

This is why most say to not weigh everyday or even weekly. The stress of watching it fluctuate can drive you crazy.

I like what Jeannie said about her pants fitting. That is the most telling sign for me that I'm gaining.
    I have a pair that fit me better at 120 than they did at 115. Sometimes the scale can be deceiving.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I also measure myself twice a month (some say to do it less but it keeps me motivated). I do weigh in once a week but just for the number. I pay more attention to the tape measure.
  • vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    Options
    Also you might have gained muscle weight, not fat. And that added muscle will up how many calories your body burns daily.
  • angel1face
    angel1face Posts: 110
    Options
    kind of like the ol saying " takes no time to put it on, but takes forever to get it off" i know the feeling. its real hard and makes no sence somtimes but our bodies differ and with me i look at food and gain 5 lbs.