Looking for members from Texas

Options
Fairly new here and looki g for friends in the Texas area that know the struggles of BBQ and tex mex food.

Replies

• hollykan
    hollykan Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I am from Freeport, TX. I know what you mean about the great food temptations! Friended you!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Not from Texas, but spend a great deal of time in Houston (for work).

You'll find that beans are actually a good diet food if kept to proper portion size. Men's Fitness and 4-Hour Body (Time Ferriss) both encourage eating beans and Ferriss swears by mexican food as a staple. I have chicken fajitas at least two or three times a month.
  • Bonniebigbutt
    Options
    I am from Texas. And just this week I had to curb my enthusiasm for chips and queso, Zapp's BBQ chips, and with crawfish season at the end of the month I am going to have to never eat out again. The crawfish isn't that bad, its the beer that you have to have with it. The food is really good here, I have had friends visit from all over and they say the same. My husband wants to start his own BBQ cook off team, too. Feel free to add me.
  • jdmerritt84
    jdmerritt84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am from San Antonio raised on Tex Mex and BBQ and know the pain of having to give it up and being tempted by it feel free to add me.
  • Mrsairforce
    Options
    We moved to San Antonio 8 months ago and oh lord the first 5 months we ate a large abundance of RUDY's. My husband still eats it but I won't go near it anymore.

Oh and we also experienced our very first shrimp boil a few months ago..
  • EmilyLStuart
    Options
    Is north Louisiana close enough? Cajun food is killer! luckily I am able to skinny down some of my cajun favs. I need more MFP friends so anyone feel free to add me!
  • ItsTiffanyFTW
    ItsTiffanyFTW Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just created a group if ya'll would like to join it... "Not everything from Texas has to be bigger!"
    :)
    I'm in Killeen/Ft Hood.
  • ameira19
    ameira19 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just moved to Texas in Dec and Wow is all I can say. This is going to be a struggle with all these amazing places to eat on every corner!! WILLPOWER IS THE WORD! lol
  • Felbsies
    Felbsies Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It's the queso that kill me! I'm in Austin
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I live in Luling....(about an hour north of San Antonio) which has one of THE best bbq places in Texas.....also being so close to all the awesome cities surrounding Luling (Austin, Houston, San Marcos, New Braunfels)...the food choices are CRAZY!!! So, needless to say, I understand the temptations of Tex-Mex and great BBQ!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like! =]
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Austin woot woot!!

I used to live in the Galveston area and I had a favorite tacqueria there. :noway: :happy: It is SO good.

Luckily I haven't found anything here that is like it. Welcome!
  • KingBee79
    KingBee79 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in San Antonio.
  • andrea_gillam
    andrea_gillam Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Tamales and brisket are my faves...I wish they made a healthy tamale! :D
  • lore112
    lore112 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Texan born and raised. I recently moved out of state but I have right there with you on the food struggles. :)
  • lexibelk
    lexibelk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    From Houston! Good luck on your journey!
  • nicoleroshell
    Options
    I just joined today! I live in San Antonio and I'm gonna have a hard time saying no to brisket and Big Red!
  • ItsTiffanyFTW
    ItsTiffanyFTW Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It's the queso that kill me! I'm in Austin

Hahah... serrriousssly. And Shiner Bock!
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I'm in San Antonio :) Just moved here about 5 months ago. Let's just say I gained 20 lbs since being here!! (Just started back working out/eating right on the 1st)
  • KingBee79
    KingBee79 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    We moved to San Antonio 8 months ago and oh lord the first 5 months we ate a large abundance of RUDY's. My husband still eats it but I won't go near it anymore.

Oh and we also experienced our very first shrimp boil a few months ago..

Smokin' Joe's on Weidner and Randolph is MUCH better! Try the bbq beans!
  • T1gerLily
    Options
    I just moved to Houston. I've been here before so I definitely know the types of food here. We'll see how this goes....luckily I'm trying to save $$ so the eating out won't be as much! =D