Fitnesspal Virgin

Options
:laugh:

Hey peeps, well I though id do this whole intro thing and just say WOW some of those success story pix are really amazing, well done! Im here to shed a few kilos for a s ummer beach bod :) Just wondering why the tickers work in 'pounds lost' - sometimes you gain weight as you gain muscle ?

This forum and website s pretty cool, I find the food diary helps LOADS, there are so many specific foods on that list! hehehe

im sticking with a workout DVD - Wow Vicky's WOrkout (Vicky from Coronation Street), anyone tried it? Think its pretty effective, am kinda achy :S

cheerio x

Replies

• erlehmkuhle
    erlehmkuhle Posts: 58
    Options
    Welcome to myfitnesspal.com. I have been here for two months now (I think) and use the diary daily. I'm on a strict 1200 calorie diet and having a tool like the food diary has made all the difference for me. It tells me when to quit eating, haha. Good luck in your weight loss venture and if you need help just ask.
  • campbellcomplex
    Options
    heyo,

it seems that when you put in your weight here, they also ask for measurements from your body so that it can track loss more efficiently. ie my waist size goes down but my chest size goes up...sure ive put on weight but my fat percentage has gone down. it seems pretty simple...but who knows if the metrics are right ya know?

mostly ive been using the site has a way to track my diet and see if there was anything wrong with it. ive been working out consistently for about a year now, but being able to see what i consume and how much i should be taking in has helped break a plateau. a "perfect" healthy & balanced diet is kind outside the reach of most people...time & budget being HUGE problems....but this will help you figure out what can stay and what needs to change.

good luck :)
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • roadtripfool
    Options
    I don't know, what do ya think, MFP?! A Canadian?! Or an Aussie?!

Kilos?! Cheerio?! Mates?! Mum?! She might be a tough one! :wink:

Yeah, the weight-loss ticker is for those that want to lose weight! You don't necessarily need that. Fat turned into lean muscle is stellar, too! Shoot, that's all I need! No sense in really losin' a lot of weight! I'd be blown away! Just gotta find out what's right for YOU!

Welcome! Hope ya get the bod you're lookin' for!