Hi I'm Debra

Options
I've decided it's never to late in life to get healthy. I want to be here to see my grandchildren growl My goal is to lose 148 pounds in a year.

Replies

• dantell13
    dantell13 Posts: 71
    Options
    Debra,
    Tough goal, but you can do it. Put your mind to it and go for it. Your at the right place so start today and dont give up. Start walking on a daily basis. Stay away from the carbs and fats and it will happen.
    David
  • njjswim
    njjswim Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Wow good luck. One day at a time...I lost about 85 lbs after each of my 4 children. It took about 18 months each time. I was dedicated to work outs at the gym and eating lots of salads, fruits and lean meats without skin baked and broiled. Sometimes I felt like I missed out but it all worked out.

:smile: Viva La Vida
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I've decided it's never to late in life to get healthy. I want to be here to see my grandchildren growl My goal is to lose 148 pounds in a year.

Hi Debra, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! THOUGH, it might just take longer than the goal you're aiming for!
    It took me 8 months to lose just over 40. But, everyone is different, so you never know, go for it and see what happens!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    HI Debra ! Great name, happens to be mine as well :)

You CAN do this ;) I've lost over 130 lbs :) It took me 13 months but soooo worth it :)

I have kept it off for 6 1/2 years and still messing around with the last 20 or so :)

Love this site ! I wish I had found it way back when !

I also LOVE LOVE LOVE BeachBody and the products they offer ! I am just finishing up my last week of Chalean Extreme and my body is WAY smaller and I have nice definition now ;)

Just keep going.. One day at a time.. One pound at a time and you will be there in no time :)

Welcome to MFP !!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: